Notifications
Clear all

Foxlights in the Cemetery

Page 1 / 2

john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

On this fine-as-feathers early spring evening,Fred Fox finds himself both hungry AND a tad mischievous.It`s the old waiting game for Fred and his boy Everby. A young kit with a solid grasp of the absurd and a bright,bright future

It`s such a slow evening at the cemetery that the boys are right on the verge of packing it in.....maybe amble over to the Waffle House dumpster on Pine Way before it gets shackled closed for the night..... At the last minute,some would-be Romeo swings his high-toned DeSoto into the spot between the gates....looks like Chef PaLaToot and his favorite filly,Ms Oyl

Fred has been witness to this scene,or some variant thereof, countless times over the years.The "De-Waxed Toboggan" they called this con, back where Ed grew up in West Calastooga.....and tonight would be an ideal time to pass the lesson on to Ev

Fred goes to work immediately..... acting the "concerned bystander" presenting one likely suspect after another,Fred claims each part,in turn,had probably fallen off `Toot`s remarkable, yet haphazardly  assembled auto.........he tells Tootsworth that fortunately,his brother-in-den has a wrecker nearby and can be here at the drop of a hat.......while Fred spins the web of impending doom,Everby checks out the in-dash 8-track

After a point,the angry little chef has had enough falderal from this duo of upgraded rodents !!!! Chef Spitoolie takes the boys for a little ride down to the wharf.......as they ponder their fates, he asks them if they prefer to be cooked with onions and garlic or in a more subtle treatment of shallot,rosemary and Burgundy...........it finally sinks in !!!......not a "De-waxed Toboggan at all !!!!......this is turning into a Bowery Boys routine 41 !!!!!....if foxes weren`t so well upholstered,you could `o heard their knees knocking

70b

Having made his point,and in the process losing Olive Oyl to some surly overly muscled sailor,Chef returns the boys to the cemetery ......young Everby demonstrates the impossible speed of youth......one swooosh and he`s in the wind,gone to ground,and practically just a distant memory.......Fred considers the evening having gone worse than many,better than a few.....he`ll eat the old fishing boot tonight,maybe watch a little Carson,and dream of conquerors,heroes, and very slow rabbits

81b

fin02
fin04

David Vandermeer
(@david-vandermeer)
Reputable Member

strawberries, cherries and an angel's kissing spring...I always wondered what that would taste like! 

Great pictures as always.

David Vandermeer
Corinth, Texas

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @david-vandermeer

strawberries, cherries and an angel's kissing spring...I always wondered what that would taste like! 

Great pictures as always.

Probably like a date with the Baskin Robbins girl....the divorcee who works 2nd shift on Thursdays and always parks the Camaro out front

Thanks for the kudos David....I`ll have a few more updates as night falls and Fred gets his due.....please stop back in Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Prominent Member

Love the pics, especially the last set.  Can't wait to see how the story unfolds...

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pete-rovero

Love the pics, especially the last set.  Can't wait to see how the story unfolds...

Thanks Pete......I just put paid to it Excitement  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @david-vandermeer

...................angel's kissing spring..................

please don`t kiss a spring...it`s not nearly the treat you`d expect......and the spring may become vulnerable to early rusting

ReplyQuote
Greg
 Greg
(@diecast1-24cars)
Estimable Member

John how did you illuminate the headlights ? this is a great effect..

Screen Shot 2022 05 16 at 8.33.57 pm

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

Wonderful shots!!

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @diecast1-24cars

Thanks Greg......I used this design

button cell led

I made up a few of these yesterday using similar parts to what you see above.....

Greg and Tony Perrone liked
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

Wonderful shots!!

Thank you Tony 😀 

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Noble Member

My question too..what a fabulous effect John!

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

Such creativity! Where do you go from here John?

ReplyQuote
John Shamblin
(@shambles)
Honorable Member

JB, you're inspiring me again. How do you come UP with this stuff... shrooms?

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @david-green

Such creativity! Where do you go rom here John?

kind words,thank you David.....and please keep posting your daily ha ha`s Laugh  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geoff-jowett

My question too..what a fabulous effect John!

thank you Geoff !.........I just now shot a few pics to further illuminate my process Scared  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: