I'VE GOT MAIL! #47 "SPECIAL EVENING EDITION" February 27, 2021

3 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

As a collector of these little cars, I've always thought it would be cool if the Mints were to realize that it would be fun for some of us to have EVERY model year of some cars.  We all know Chevrolet's are the sentimental favorites for the majority of the old car fanatics, and be that as it may, there are more Chevrolet 1:24 scale (well, actually all scales) than any other brand.  

In my collection, I've got a Chevy for every year from 1953 to 1964.  That's the ONLY reason I'm okay with the 1963 Chevrolet Impala featured in the ad below.  When I say the "only reason", it's because of ALL the 1:24 scale cars on my shelf, I honestly am not a fan of this model!  Not because it's a '63 Chevy and not because I don't like '63 Chevy's.  It bothers me because it is (in my opinion) not one of the best from Franklin Mint.  No wing windows and that front end is so high, it ruins the entire excellence of an otherwise beautiful year for Chevy.  

The amazing thing is the model has "suspension" that when I push the front end down, it looks so much better over the front tire.  But as it stands, it is not my favorite  looking Chevy.  ALL THIS SAID, I wouldn't part with the car because it fulfills my desire to have a model for every of Chevy.  Before the Mints quit producing 1:24 diecast I kept hoping that we'd get the '65 and '66 and so on.  For the record, Franklin did give us a 1950, so a '51 and '52 would have had been needed too.  

Having every year of these Chevy's tell the story of their evolution. 

FM 63 CHEVROLET (Silver)

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

Well, I will agree that FM could have done better. But that doesn’t stop me from loving this model. So much so, I got all four cars they issued.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jcarnutz

Well, I will agree that FM could have done better. But that doesn’t stop me from loving this model. So much so, I got all four cars they issued.

I have the Silver one and the Red one.  I passed on the convertibles.  As I stated, I like the '63 Chevy a lot, just wish FM would have not had that front height so high over the wheels.  And if I'd not had all the other consecutive year Chevy's, that would not have added it.  I kept hoping that either Danbury or WCPD would have given us a '63.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Share: