I'VE GOT MAIL "Spec...

Notifications
Clear all

I'VE GOT MAIL "Special Brochures Week" TUESDAY 4/6/21 #107

George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

SPECIAL BROCHURES WEEK continues with this spectacular layout from Danbury Mint!

Opening this envelope got my attention faster than the Road Runner could outrun Wylie Coyote in the cartoons.  Even though when I gazed upon the Brochure that features 14 outstanding 1:24 scale replica's, they were cars that I already had in my collection (well 12 of them I did), seeing them all lined-up on the pages of the Brochure gave me the usual butterfly's I usually got when getting something from the mints.  Every car is an incredible replication of cars that bring back so many memories. 

HOW MANY OF THE CARS IN THE BROCHURE DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR COLLECTION OF THESE "LIMITED EDITION" CREATIONS?  

BROCHURE #2A
BROCHURE #2B
BROCHURE #2C
BROCHURE #2D

George Schire

Frank Reed
(@frank)
Reputable Member

“Opening this envelope got my attention faster than the Road Runner could outrun Wylie Coyote in the cartoons.”

George, my post on music for 1970 Plymouth Muscle is totally coincidental to yours.  😎👌

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Prominent Member

I remember the feeling of these brochures, such excitement each time. Nothing like that happens anymore.

I have all 14 of the models shown.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jcarnutz

I remember the feeling of these brochures, such excitement each time. Nothing like that happens anymore.

I have all 14 of the models shown.

I'd be right there with you on all 14, if only I liked those little T-Birds and Corvettes.  I must have a defect in my Genes, as I just can't get excited about either.  

George Schire

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Prominent Member Registered

The addiction continues.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Noble Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

The addiction continues.

Sure beats the heck out of golf or hanging out in the bar.  An addiction that is good for the mind, but maybe not the pocketbook...but who cares!  Lol.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)

My thoughts exactly Jack.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

If more people had hobbies that define who they are, we'd have less unhappy and depressed people in the world.  Just my opinion, but I do feel strongly that it's true.  

George Schire

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)

One of our friends is a psychiatrist and she has said many times if people had hobbies she wouldn't have nearly the number of patients as she has.

ReplyQuote
Honestpolitician
(@geoff-jowett)
Reputable Member

Only 4 of the 14 at present. A great part of the hobby for me is chasing down desirable models at reasonable prices, there's 6 on the chase down list from the brochures. And yes totally agree about the hobbys mental well being benefits.

ReplyQuote
Share: