John's early Vette ...

Notifications
Clear all

John's early Vette series was impeccable! But I miss the red '55; one of DM's best...

11 Posts
7 Users
28 Likes
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin
Topic starter  

Rich Sufficool, John Merritt, Pete Rovero and 5 people reacted
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

THATS the one they send in when you`re being interrogated and keep insisting that you don`t really favor those plastic rockets....

perfect photos of the perfect Honey Trap 

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Red is an excellent way to top off any Corvette presentation.

ReplyQuote
GreatMachines
(@greatmachines)
Estimable Member

Tony

Your endorsement of any model this favorably carries a lot of weight.

How many Diecast reviews would you estimate you did of the Franklin/Danbury/WCPD/GMP (and any other) 1:24 Diecast model releases?

Would you consider doing a “top 10 or 25” of several categories giving weight to the improvements in technology and methods used over the approximate years (19xx - 2014)?

You had a team of how many doing these reviews??

BTW I am enjoying accessing them again and hope the search tools continue to evolve

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

Yes, this is an incredible model too, and it's my favorite '55. 

Beautiful photos.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Illustrious Member

Tony, the red makes this Corvette pop

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @greatmachines

Tony

Your endorsement of any model this favorably carries a lot of weight.

How many Diecast reviews would you estimate you did of the Franklin/Danbury/WCPD/GMP (and any other) 1:24 Diecast model releases?

Would you consider doing a “top 10 or 25” of several categories giving weight to the improvements in technology and methods used over the approximate years (19xx - 2014)?

You had a team of how many doing these reviews??

BTW I am enjoying accessing them again and hope the search tools continue to evolve

Thank you!

During the time FM & DM were sending models for me to review/photo, I also got Exoto, WCPD, various makes of 1:18ths and assorted brands, that at the time, were not very well known. In the early days, Jay Olins did a few reviews, Mike Martin, Mr. Pine, Rich Sufficool, and a few others. As the keeper of the original list (I kept them a little later on) my dear friend, Dr. George Dill, did a few as well. In all I did many hundreds of them but did not keep an accurate count. 

I like your idea of a top 10 (or so) list but not sure if that is a viable option at my age. But I will see if I can access these over the next few days! 😎 

ReplyQuote
GreatMachines
(@greatmachines)
Estimable Member

👍 Great! I look forward to any information you come up with. It brings back that “new car” feel to look at these rare beautiful models as something to cherish and share.

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

I recall how I would wait until Tonys review, pictorial and verbal before committing to buy a model in most cases. Used to be such an air of anticipation and expectation about the process. I know I've said this many times before, but I wonder how many $1000s worth of models, Tonys, and our other great photographers pics, sold for the mints over the years.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

I agree Geoff. I know for sure Tony and Rich kept me broke for years forcing me to buy these little cars.

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Illustrious Member

Each time I purchased a card, I printed the review from the DM site, so I have that information stored with all the information received with the car.  Thank you to Tony, Rich and all others that handled the reviews.  Wish they working better on the new site.

ReplyQuote
Share: