5 Users
16 Likes
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin
Topic starter  

...the 8R 410 double dual wheel diesel.

Ertl's 1/16th Prestige Collection 2019 John Deere 8R 410

First produced from 2019, to the current day, the 8R 410 is the most powerful of the 8R Series of John Deere’s. There is the 8400R and the 8R 370. These are basically  “Row Crop” models.

Made in Waterloo, Iowa, the tractor sold new at a starting price of $462,726 in 2020. The 9.0L 6-cyl diesel boasts a ‘gross engine horsepower’ of 410 with 443 HP at ‘engine maximum’ and develops 384HP (tested) at the PTO. The planetary drive transmission has 23 forward speeds and 11 reverse.

The mechanical four wheel drive system uses dual front and dual rear propulsion with a wheelbase of 120.1 inches and the max onboard diesel capacity is 192 gallons.

The cab comes standard with air conditioning and built-in GPS System. Weight is 30, 050 pounds.

Ertl offers this tractor in more than one scale; this one is in the company’s most normal size, 1/16th scale, and it is treated to the upgraded Prestige Collection line’s excellent detailing. The stance, overall attention to detail, and the equipment outfitting of the model is exceptionally well carried out. The model is massive, even for any standard tractor in the 1/16th scale. It measures approximately 19 inches in length, 9 inches in width and 9 inches in height. Its shipping weight is 13 pounds.

Operational features include an opening hood where we find nice engine detailing. Not on the same order as with Ertl’s highly precision replicas but close. The cab door opens to reveal a terrific interior; the twin mirrors pivot forward and back and the road warning signs, mounted on the outside rear of the cab, fold forward and back. The hitch system on the rear of the tractor is multi-functional and operates much like the genuine article in 1:1 scale. It hydraulics up or down and on two hydraulic posts, has detent positions in or out. There is fine detailing back there on the hydraulic fittings and connectors as well.

The model is a solid diecast, including body and chassis and wheels, with a plastic hood and cab top. Ertl’s Prestige releases are looking better and better these days and they are offering the latest in tractor & farm tech equipment for many different brands.

Pete Rovero, John Napoli, Bob Jackman and 3 people reacted
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

PERFECT photos !!........so many buttons and gadgets and doo-dads compared to your older farmwork series....the color coded pairs of circular bits on the rear of the tractor....are those hydraulic hose ports?

This 1/16 Ertl pig is frankly a bit concerned that,in a time of ever dwindling budgets, a disproportionate effort is being directed to the hardware at the expense of the "software"

ittakesaworriedpig

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Super writeup and pictures Tony. I love your tractor series.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin
Topic starter  

@john-barry 

They are John. Each color-coded connector is for hydraulic hoses of varying pressures. I have four on my John Deere, this bad boy has far more.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

Super writeup and pictures Tony. I love your tractor series.

Thank you my friend!

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

Grrrr!

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Famed Member

Whoa, that is big and nice.  Great shots.

ReplyQuote
Share: