(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

DM 1955 Chevy Nomad Coral Grey

Greg, John Merritt, Pete Rovero and 3 people liked
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

EXCELLENT little car photography John   -   EXCELLENT!

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

EXCELLENT little car photography John   -   EXCELLENT!

Thank you very much Tony.....I found the light to be "unusual" this morning.....and then,I noticed that my AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED | Nikon lens seems to be taking a shortened image,as if it were in the wrong aspect ratio....

DSC 9489

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

I use that same lens, as you know, and your settings look right; although, if on a tripod the VR does not necessarily need to be on. What aperture are you using?

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I use that same lens, as you know, and your settings look right; although, if on a tripod the VR does not necessarily need to be on. What aperture are you using?

f11 (shooting in aperture mode)

stubby

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

Should work fine. You my try f/22 to f/40 (depending on distance to subject) to see if it renders any better results.  Sweaty  

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Noble Member

fabulous setup John

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Should work fine. You my try f/22 to f/40 (depending on distance to subject) to see if it renders any better results.  Sweaty  

I`ll try that Tony.....and thank you exceedingly for your guidance......at a 22 to 40 aperture would I lose all bokeh?

stubby

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geoff-jowett

fabulous setup John

Thank you Geoff 😀 

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

f22...VR off.....4` further away......Thanks again for your help Tony

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin Moderator

Posted by: @john-barry

I`ll try that Tony.....and thank you exceedingly for your guidance......at a 22 to 40 aperture would I lose all bokeh?

stubby

Potentially, yes. The smaller your aperture, the more depth of field front to back. Experimentation is needed with each different lens to find its best sweet spots - apertures/shutter speed combos.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Beautiful images JB.  I must say I'm impressed with Edward's taste in cars, if not women.  Lol.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @john-barry

Potentially, yes. The smaller your aperture, the more depth of field front to back. Experimentation is needed with each different lens to find its best sweet spots - apertures/shutter speed combos.

Gracias Tony...you`ve told me that before and I keep forgetting it !!! Vampire .........maybe it`s time to get my first tattoo Crazy  

I will experiment with the 105 to see if I can determine the sweet spot f setting(s)......f22 from 5-6` or so gave me a very acceptable bokeh...not the full blur out,but kind of an enchanted forest deal 

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

Beautiful images JB.  I must say I'm impressed with Edward's taste in cars, if not women.  Lol.

Thanks Jack......you take exception with little Calffie ????

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@john-barry  No worries about the livestock; I was thinking about our recent review regarding Eddy's abdication for dear Wallis.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: