Nigel and Lars

13 Posts
5 Users
19 Likes
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

......a rain laden,boggy night on the moors.......

....two politically dissimilar raised voices carry on in a rather acerbic battle of wits and wills and wattage as Nigel and Lars muck about over electrical issues under the boot.

David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Your night in the moors reminds me of my childhood 5am cross country runs when at Rishworth Boarding School in Yorkshire. Equally moist and dark.

Another set of great moody images.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @david-green

Your night in the moors reminds me of my childhood 5am cross country runs when at Rishworth Boarding School in Yorkshire. Equally moist and dark.

Another set of great moody images.

thank you David......your recollection of time at the boarding school and pre-dawn runs through "Hound of Baskerville" locales, reads like a fine tale from Arthur Conan Doyle

I started shooting this Nomad in an exercise/attempt to follow along with Tony P ...... pushing the cameras to extreme values and that sort of thing....

By the time I`d swapped lenses I`d gotten totally flummoxed on which setting did what to Colonel Mustard in the Drawing Room....the sun had fully set on my screened deck.....it was cold....with a steady rainfall......the atmosphere,and the sound of raindrops on the steel roof conspired to set the tone to my most used "Moody" mode......."you can give an alcoholic horse a glass of water........."

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

great work John, the only thing that gives away that its not the real thing is the bloody black dots in the model headlights, particularly the solo mechanic pics. (hate those thing you may have gathered!)

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geoff-jowett

great work John, the only thing that gives away that its not the real thing is the bloody black dots in the model headlights, particularly the solo mechanic pics. (hate those thing you may have gathered!)

thanks  Geoff......that`s a detail I hadn`t been aware of until now

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @john-barry

LOVE the lighting in all of this JB!!

Those damnable dots are on most all early-made 1/24th car models. They are the mounting posts/pins. In later releases, after many D4C posting tirades on the issue, some of the newer FM & DM models appeared without them.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

Those damnable dots are on most all early-made 1/24th car models. They are the mounting posts/pins. In later releases, after many D4C posting tirades on the issue, some of the newer FM & DM models appeared without them.

Thanks Tony.......after the F/stop skirmish,and full sunset, I`d switched to my super light grabber 24-70 on these shots......too bad about those dots Eh???

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Thanks Tony.......after the F/stop skirmish,and full sunset, I`d switched to my super light grabber 24-70 on these shots......too bad about those dots Eh???

Not ALL Dots are bad. I recall eating these as a kid:

Screenshot 2023 02 03 073939

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Not ALL Dots are bad. I recall eating these as a kid:

good call.....a sophisticated upgrade from the plebeian alternative: Jujubes

(as recommenced by the Council of American Dentistry Juvenile Division 1958-1964)

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

good call.....a sophisticated upgrade from the plebeian alternative: Jujubes

(as recommenced by the Council of American Dentistry Juvenile Division 1958-1964)

LOLOLOLOL! Hi

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Famed Member

@john-barry 

When my sister was practicing dentistry, she would use Jujubes to remove temporary crowns.  Apparently they are approved by the ADA as a dental tool.

Jujubes

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pete-rovero

@john-barry 

When my sister was practicing dentistry, she would use Jujubes to remove temporary crowns.  Apparently they are approved by the ADA as a dental tool.

Proving,once again Sir ,that tooth is stronger than friction

peabody ju ju bees

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @pete-rovero

@john-barry 

Proving,once again Sir ,that tooth is stronger than friction

peabody ju ju bees

O M G !!  JB; I would groan out loud, except that it was so funny!!  Cool

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: