Oh, To Be a Country Squire... [PIC]

12 Posts
8 Users
44 Likes
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, I'm not sure a true country squire would pick this 1961 Ford, perhaps a Rolls Royce Shooting Brake, I'm thinking. My second car was a bronze tudor poster with 3 on the tree. I loved the look of that car but always wished I could have afforded a Starliner for the roof line and extra trim. I must say FM nailed the look and stance of this Country Squire. The Laurel Green with faux wood trim is just perfect and period. It's sort of a mixed bag of tech with intricately modeled hinging on the rear gate, yet still saddled with dog leg hinges elsewhere. The detailing and stance are perfect, and my only gripe is a bit of misalignment between the hood and fender trim. I display it 'towing' FM's Airstream as a camping vacation vignette.

FordCS 004
FordCS 007 001
FordCS 031
FordCS 005 001
FordCS 006 001
FordCS 009 001
FordCS 034 001
FordCS 015 001
FordCS 017 001
FordCS 011
FordCS 012
FordCS 013 001
FordCS 028 001
FordCS 025 001

John Merritt, Pete Rovero, Mike DeTorrice and 7 people reacted
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

If there was ever a car that could access the dopamine centers of childhood,this is that car.....the smell of Coppertone competing with old musty fishing tackle and whatever was actively leaking out of the steel-sided Coleman cooler.......Mom and Dad upfront..... each immersed in their respective reveries and anticipations of the trip ahead

FINE pictures !!

Pete Rovero, Bob Jackman, 100Ford2003 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @rich-sufficool

Well, I'm not sure a true country squire would pick this 1961 Ford, perhaps a Rolls Royce Shooting Brake, I'm thinking. My second car was a bronze tudor poster with 3 on the tree. I loved the look of that car but always wished I could have afforded a Starliner for the roof line and extra trim. I must say FM nailed the look and stance of this Country Squire. The Laurel Green with faux wood trim is just perfect and period. It's sort of a mixed bag of tech with intricately models hinging on the rear gate yet still saddled with dog leg hinges elsewhere. The detailing and stance are perfect, and my only gripe is a bit of misalignment between the hood and fender trim. I display it 'towing' FM's Airstream as a camping vacation vignette.

FordCS 004
FordCS 007 001
FordCS 031
FordCS 005 001
FordCS 006 001
FordCS 009 001
FordCS 034 001
FordCS 015 001
FordCS 017 001
FordCS 011
FordCS 012
FordCS 013 001
FordCS 028 001
FordCS 025 001

I love it I wish I had gotten me one of these. my first car was a 61 country sedan in white. this wagon brings back memories especially me going camping and sleeping in it when it was cold.

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@100ford2003 My father had a '60 Country Sedan. With the back seat down, you could house a family of four.

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

@rich-sufficool 

Yep !  I laid down indoor / outdoor carpet tiles back there to make it more comfortable. 

I also liked that the tailgate glass was 100% retractable. With today's suv's they don't.  I'm sure that's because of their stying.

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member

I had this beautiful model and made the mistake of selling it. Wish I could take that back!

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Illustrious Member

Rich Great shots.  When this came out, I could not wait to get my hands on one.  I love station wagons and it is a shame that FM & DM did not do more.  One I would have like would have been the Olds Vista Cruiser.

Pete Rovero, Mike DeTorrice, 100Ford2003 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@carsman1958 The Olds Vista Cruiser would have been a great choice.

John Napoli, Mike DeTorrice, 100Ford2003 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Famed Member

Great pics Rich!  I love these wood-sided wagons.  I had a second Country Squire and painted it Desert Gold with a Corinthian White top.  My 1:1 '66 Caprice Wagon is Willow Green, similar to Laural Green of the model.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Pete, your 1/1 Caprice Wagon is beautiful based on the pictures you have posted in the past. Back in the day, my brother owned a 66 Caprice  hardtop in black on black on black. It was an elegant automobile that looked more like a Cadillac with all of it's  standard features.

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Famed Member

@bob-jackman 

Thank you Bob!  The interior of the Caprice wagon is pretty much the same as the Impala wagon with some woodgrain added to the dash and steering wheel, not nearly as nice as the coupe and sport sedan, but then again, it is a family truckster!

IMG 1567
IMG 1570
IMG 2559

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @pete-rovero

@bob-jackman 

Thank you Bob!  The interior of the Caprice wagon is pretty much the same as the Impala wagon with some woodgrain added to the dash and steering wheel, not nearly as nice as the coupe and sport sedan, but then again, it is a family truckster!

IMG 1567
IMG 1570
IMG 2559

LOVE the Wally World decal Pete!!!

Pete Rovero reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: