21 Posts
6 Users
31 Likes
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geoff-jowett

@john-barry John, that Bonneville combo looks sensational! I have your Owens in my ebay watchlist along with this wooden boat kit:

bbb1

There are other more complex kits available as well.

Also another very different 1/24 vehicle:

tram

If u do an ebay search for this tramcar, the seller will come up. They have other 1/24 vehicle types of interest as well.

Hello Geoff......those models comprised of little more than rudimentary sheets of mahogany,balsa etc to me, seem fraught with peril....I can recall my long ago,clumsy "fat kid hands" doing the honors of "shipbuilding" with nothing more than a dull Cub Scout knife blade and making some very unfortunate cuts in the supplied stock....invariably,what followed would be a small sacrificial fire out in the backyard

......sort of a cathartic Pagan cleansing ritual Formal Smile  

DSC 2539

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geoff-jowett

tram

If u do an ebay search for this tramcar, the seller will come up. They have other 1/24 vehicle types of interest as well.

I have yet to locate this piece/model Geoff......It looks intriguing!!

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @john-barry

I have yet to locate this piece/model Geoff......It looks intriguing!!

As Geoff mentions, go to eBay. Use this following search term and you'll unearth a PLETHORA of cable cars - I did. WOW! They are gorgeous!

Occre San Francisco Cable Car 1:24 Scale 53007

john barry reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @perrone1

As Geoff mentions, go to eBay. Use this following search term and you'll unearth a PLETHORA of cable cars - I did. WOW! They are gorgeous!

THAT`s the ticket !!.....also can be viewed at Mfgrs website thru google search "OcCre 53007"....downloadable pdfs on site Eek  

pdf page

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @john-barry
Posted by: @perrone1

THAT`s the ticket !!.....also can be viewed at Mfgrs website thru google search "OcCre 53007"....downloadable pdfs on site Eek  

pdf page

Excellento!

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

@john-barry thanks John, I'll take that on board and ask if the parts need to be cut from a board before bidding as I'm likely to have my hands wrapped in bandages for weeks after attempting something like that! I made up this cart some months back and the parts just pushed out from the timber sheet and was hoping the boat would be the same.

stand

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: