8 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
GreatMachines
(@greatmachines)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Tony

Forgive me if this has been covered in a previous post. I searched and couldn’t find anything.
It appears that all of the reviews compiled over 15-20+ years on the Franklin and Danbury (and others) are no longer on the reviews area.  Are they gone for good or is this temporary?  It looks like the link to buy has been added.

Thanks

EA9CE10E F990 4D0B 8106 A827B4E6D3E8

100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

That would be a BIG shame if all those reviews are gone !!!!

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

They no longer have the same look but you can find the section here:  https://diecast.org/car-list/

I'm told it is a 'work-in-progress' and may get somewhat easier to find, but for now, use the first search box to pick an entry and then the search box beneath it. 

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Illustrious Member

Those original reviews of our little cars were a great asset in sometimes knowing the good and bad of of some them.  They were also many times a place for some collectors(?) to offer an opinion that had nothing to do with the real quality of the model.  I remember one individual who constantly take points away from a car because it "wasn't the color he wanted it produced it", and that is just nit-picking and has nothing to do with the actual precision of the car.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Illustrious Member

@perrone1 Tony.  For all the cars that I have and were on the old site, I printed all your reviews and have them stored with all the documentation for each car.   Every photo taken, and your write up.  I always thought you did such a great job describing the different models and your photo's always made them look like the real deal.  I hope they can eventually get it in a format that we can print and use again.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

Posted by: @carsman1958

I hope they can eventually get it in a format that we can print and use again.

Thank you John!! And, I, too, hope for the same thing!

ReplyQuote
GreatMachines
(@greatmachines)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@perrone1 Hi

I have tried your link and it works as I can see a review of a few cars on the first pages.. but there are 1300 pages of cars.  When I try to find a specific car it drops out of this link -> back to the “stripped down” listing of the Danbury/Franklin cars.  Could you show how to do this correctly by showing steps in screenshot(s)?

Thanks

This post was modified 2 years ago by GreatMachines

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

@greatmachines 

That's currently as good as it gets so far. I'm told it's still a work in progress and consistency is not its strong point. The best that I am able to do is resurrect a car code # from some old reviews that I kept in various storage memory cards and with that # I select "MPN" in the first 'search' box, then insert it into the second search box. Most times that gives me a 'new & different' look at the old review.

ReplyQuote
Share: