3219 Likes
84.5 K Views
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

Posted by: @donderbeestje

@lu

What a fantastic sample! Please make some pictures of the interior Lu. Where did you get these sample from? 

Networking. These are very difficult to find, and they are scarce. Rarely one shows on eBay and then Lu, me and many other sample collectors will compete for them. Best is if you find "sleepers", models that the seller is unaware of their significance, hence they are not advertised as samples; or broken pieces that will scare half of the buyers. But networking is best, however, basically you have to convince someone to part with their models, and that is not always easy nor cheap. 

ReplyQuote
Harrison & Evelyn Miniature Auto Museum
(@lu)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett @chav @donderbeestje Here is the interior. 

ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I have received some questions since I started the post. I answered a couple of the common ones below:

How come I have never heard of you before this post?

I was a long-time reader, just too lazy to post anything. I started this post to 1) showcase unique models in my collection and 2)help with the readership since this is a new platform. I probably will go back to hibernation mode at some point.

Where do you find your models?

Initially through eBay, D4C auction page, other collectors, and toy dealers. Once I got crazy enough, cars start to find me 😊

Is any of the models for sale?

I’m flattered; however, I don’t sell or trade.

Are you interested in buying models?

Yes, I’m always looking for interesting 1/24th scale models. Please feel free to message me. Having said that, I’m not looking for NASCAR models. They are great, just not my cup of tea.

David Green, Donderbeestje, Chav and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Aerodynamic Thursday! This little gem doesn’t require any introduction, but just in case – Talbot Lago T150 from Motor City USA. The black version is the rarest. Enjoy!

David Green, Donderbeestje, David Green and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

Posted by: @lu

Aerodynamic Thursday! This little gem doesn’t require any introduction, but just in case – Talbot Lago T150 from Motor City USA. The black version is the rarest. Enjoy!

Ha, I just got the black TL a week ago, so I also have (finally) the full set. The Holy grail of 1/24 French curves.

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

Posted by: @lu

@geoff-jowett @chav @donderbeestje Here is the interior. 

My guess is that this a sample was done in US based on the existing model as the seat pattern is covered with fluffy fabric and the lighter blue paint could be sprayed over the existing paint without taking the model apart. Very nice color combo though, I love it.

Here's what they were after

These pictures were taken at the Blackhawk Museum, according to the source. I don't remember seeing this car when I visited several years ago. The car looks better two-toned, apparently the Torpedo is a Saoutchik car.

Although this exact car has the fancy colorful interior.

David Green, Donderbeestje, David Green and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

@lu OK thanks Lu, I'll hang on to the interior I have!

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

@chav drool!

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

@chav thanks Chav, great info and pics. I agree the 2 tone is way better, but as mentioned I'll stick with the provided interior

ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

EV Friday! Let’s take a break from internal combustion engines. Here we have a 2020 C11 from Leap Motor. It has a 90kWh battery pack, a power output of 536 hp, and a range of 342 miles. The price? A little under $30,000. You also get seven seats, three in-dash screens, and 12 cameras for panoramic views. The model is nicely done. Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

George Lucas do the fitout?

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Noble Member

If you ever wondered where did Saoutchik hide the retractable top, here is a clue:

The only image of Torpedo's hidden top compartment I have been able to find so far.

And here is how the hinges were hidden:

ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

JDM Saturday! Today we have a JDM Toyota Hilux from Hi-Story. This is a full resin curbside model with a moderate amount of photo-etched parts. In case you are not familiar with it, Hilux is generally accepted as the world’s toughest pick-up truck in terms of reliability and durability. Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Flatbed Sunday! Here we have an International Durastar 4400 flatbed tow truck from Jada. This is the only toy-like model in the collection; having said that, this little gem has functional doors, hood, bed, and wheel lift. Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

@lu this has been the top selling 'car' in Australia for a number of years now.

ReplyQuote
Page 75 / 91
Share: