37 Users
5345 Likes
190.5 K Views
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Famed Member

Posted by: @lu

JDM Saturday! Today we have a JDM Toyota Hilux from Hi-Story. This is a full resin curbside model with a moderate amount of photo-etched parts. In case you are not familiar with it, Hilux is generally accepted as the world’s toughest pick-up truck in terms of reliability and durability. Enjoy!

With all due respect the "world’s toughest pick-up truck in terms of reliability and durability" cannot be crowned by excluding world's largest pickup truck market.

Focus2move| World Best Selling Pick up - The top in 2022

ReplyQuote
Harrison & Evelyn Miniature Auto Museum
(@lu)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Gold Wheels Monday! Here we have a 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster from FM. It was the inaugural car in the FM Die-Cast Collector Club series. The blue and gold combination works great! Highly recommended. Enjoy!

David Green, Tony Perrone, David Green and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

V16 Tuesday! Today we have a 1932 Cadillac from Danbury Mint. This is the limited edition version with cool looking wheels. Enjoy!

David Green, Chav, Tony Perrone and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

pretty close to my favorite 'missing model'. Hopefully one day!

ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Variation Wednesday! Here we have a variation from the V16 family, the roadster. I bought both the hardtop and the convertible while on a trip. On my way home, the TSA scanned my carry-on and asked me to open the boxes. I’m always curious as to why they wanted to see it, perhaps they were toy car lovers 😀 

David Green, Chav, Tony Perrone and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Famed Member

Posted by: @lu

Gold Wheels Monday! Here we have a 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster from FM. It was the inaugural car in the FM Die-Cast Collector Club series. The blue and gold combination works great! Highly recommended. Enjoy!

Here is one nice color sample. At lease 2 were made, I have one and I know someone else who has one.

$ 57
$ 571
$ 572
$ 573
$ 576
$ 574
$ 575
$ 578
$ 577
$ 579

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

really nice colour Chav. I have the old original white one.

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Famed Member

Posted by: @geoff-jowett

really nice colour Chav. I have the old original white one.

The white one is one of the most classic FM models, I believe FM sold 15000 of them. The black one is rare, I don't know why, I know this from Raffi, they didn't make many of them, perhaps because the color combo is weird. I believe this red one was the alternative of the black one as both have photo-etched wheels. My least favorite is the blue/gold one as it is historically inaccurate. It commemorates whichever FM anniversary, so it is colored in FM colors. Kind of like this kitsch recently released by CMC:

I got the regular version, awesome model, corrects the disproportion issues of the 1/24

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

hadn't seen that gold seat version. Yuk! Took this pic to show you the seat in mine is different but then looking again at your photo so are a few other things, so I guess thats the 1/18.

mm1

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Famed Member

The one I showed above is the brand new 1/18 CMC, already hard to find. CMC made a very limited anniversary edition with ridiculous golden seat, costs above $1500 (still available for purchase).

The one on your photo is the 1/24, it is also the very first CMC model mage >25 years ago. At that time, for whatever reason, CMC shortened the hood, so the proportions of the model are inaccurate, but it remains one of the most beloved prewar 1/24 models. I have it with green, white and red seat. Each color represents different restoration. 

Here are 2 of mine, note the chrome wheels on the white-seat one. CMC issued these chrome wheels separately and they are extremely rare. My set came as a gift from Dan Duma, thank you Dan!

One day will photograph all of them together...

BTW prior to Ralph Lauren's Trossi's ownership the car had white seat and chrome wheels, hence I made the change to match that restoration. Pictures of that restoration are not available online, I found them in a book I own.

DSC 0946
DSC 0945

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

@chav thanks Chav, great info. I prefer the chrome wheels, they "offset" the overall black colour better. Be nice to display the 3 together, especially knowing the provenance.

Chav and Chav reacted
ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Famed Member

@geoff-jowett

Sort of agree, but it is a "Black Prince". Imagine Zorro with chrome shoes ...

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Illustrious Member

@chav heaven forbid!

ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@Chav, the maroon Auburn is beautiful. The hunt is on. 

Chav and Chav reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lu)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Special To Me Thursday! Today we have another variation from the DM V16 family - a Sport Phaeton. This is my second DM car; therefore, special to me. Have you noticed that the front fenders are asymmetrical? The one on the passenger side is wider than the one on the driver’s side. All the DM V16 cars suffer from this issue. Accuracy is not very important to me, so it doesn’t bother me much. If you are in the “Concours Judge” category and you must have a DM V16, I would recommend the black/blue hardtop version. It is slightly less noticeable.   

David Green, Tony Perrone, Chav and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 76 / 159
Share: