1954 Dodge Arena resin kit and more

9 Posts
8 Users
32 Likes
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Completed the first of my Italian made Arena resin kits, this one a 1954 Dodge Royal hardtop.   These are created as replicas of Panamericana race cars but I build mine in showroom stock form.   Instead of the bare steel wheels I fitted the optional Kelsey Hayes wire wheels left over from an earlier Brooklin project.   Color is Dodge's Dawn grey over Lancaster blue metallic with a two tone interior.   I chose to do the side moldings in BMF rather than the photoetch ones provided in the kit.

1954 Dodge HT #1
1954 Dodge HT #2
1954 Dodge insructions
1954 Dodge kit parts

This adds to my line up of 1954 Dodges, the stock Brooklin convertible,  a Brooklin conversion into a Coronet four door sedan and a rare Sierra four door station wagon. 

1954 Dodges X2 #1
1954 Dodges X4 #2
1954 Dodges X4 #1

Next up is an Arena kit of a 1952 Chrysler Saratoga  sedan conversion into an all steel Town & Country station wagon.  And later there is a Chrysler club coupe and a 1953 Chevrolet Belair hardtop.   Lots of projects on the agenda.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

100Ford2003, Ken Spear, David Green and 17 people reacted
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

That looks amazing. I sure wish I had any sort of ability for this kind of thing.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

John, you did a nice job with this model.  Are Arena kits currently available or is this something from the past you had, but never completed?

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@ed-davis  https://www.arenamodelli.com/

Ed Davis, Karl Schnelle, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

Great looking build, John.  I've never attempted an Arena kit;  your results suggest they're good!  Your work is most impressive, and interesting, too.  Keep 'em coming!

Ed Davis and Ed Davis reacted
ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ed-davis

John, you did a nice job with this model.  Are Arena kits currently available or is this something from the past you had, but never completed?

Currently available, I'm getting mine from an Ebay vendor in Italy but there may be other sources.  Shipping from Italy is slow (4-6 weeks)   I have another Chrysler sedan coming (to build as stock) a Chrysler club coupe and a 1953 Chevrolet Belair.    There is also a Lincoln,  Hudson, and Cadillac.  I suspect these are resin knock offs of old Brooklins and old Westerns.  Vac form glazing is not part of the kits so the builder is on their own to create,  Nice chrome parts and photoetch though.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Ed Davis and Ed Davis reacted
ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Noble Member

Very nice build John. Looking forward to your posting of your future Arena builds.

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

I echo all the positive comments here and am looking forward to more pics ! 

Steve

ReplyQuote
Chazy.R
(@chazy-r)
Reputable Member

Great workmanship! Beautiful results!

ReplyQuote
Share: