1954 Packard Pacifi...

Notifications
Clear all

1954 Packard Pacific Convertible by Neo.

6 Posts
6 Users
20 Likes
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

1954 Packard Pacific Convertible

This is a rare car. Only two convertible was made by Packard in 1954, the Packard Pacific Convertible and the Packard Caribbean Convertible.  One of the model and nomenclature changes that occurred at Packard in its final years came in 1954, when the three premium models using Packard’s biggest straight-eight were given individual names based on their body styles. The two-door convertible with the 359-cu.in. engine thus became the Pacific, a one-year premium model produced to the tune of just 863 examples and the last to feature the company’s long admired straight eight power train.

P1110317
P1110318
P1110319
P1110320
P1110322
P1110323

The engine in the Pacific was Packard’s L-head straight-eight, displacing 359 cubic inches. With a compression ratio of 8.7:1, the engine received its fuel mixture via a Carter four-barrel carburetor and was rated by the manufacturer at 212 horsepower.

For 1954, Packard ranked 16th among American manufacturers and on October 1st of 1954, the Packard Company ended and the Studebaker-Packard Corporation officially came into existence, with its headquarters in Detroit.

Harv Goranson, Frank Reed, John Merritt and 5 people reacted
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

The four-barrei carb on a straight engine was a rather unique feature of both the Pacific and the Caribbean.

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

A very special Packard convertible. I have this as well as the three Pacific Hardtops NEO issued. I had hoped for more convertibles in other colors.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Famed Member

Beautiful car and model.👍

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

I agree.  Here's mine, parked beside the Pacific hardtop coupe.

IMG 7831

John Merritt, David Green, John Merritt and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Noble Member

A beautiful model, I had it in my shopping cart on sale price at American Excellence a number of times but never went through with the purchase because I thought the color was too similar to the hardtop that I have. How do you spell "Regret"?

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Share: