13 Posts
8 Users
50 Likes
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier.

Domestic American compact cars from the 21st Century are hard to find in 1/43 scale.

This one was produced by a company that I had not heard of before called 'X-Concepts,LLC' in 2003.

They made several well detailed models with opening features but mostly Japanese cars. 

P1100922
P1100924
P1100926
P1100927
P1100929
P1100930
P1100931
P1100928

100Ford2003, Harv Goranson, David Knight and 9 people reacted
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

I also never heard of X-Concepts. I assume it is diecast. How would you compare its level of detail to present day models?

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@ed-davis 

It is diecast with a plastic base. Metal is quite thin but dimensions look accurate. I bought a dozen or so of this company's models, mainly Japanese cars for just under $10 each which seemed good value. The shut lines are very good and several have opening doors, trunk and engine compartment. I can show some of the others over the next few days if they are of interest.

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

Interesting model that fills a gap but who chose that insipid color?

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

@david-green 

If you have any other American cars or Japanese sports cars, I would be interested.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@john-quilter 

Hi John,

That was an actual and popular colour in 2002 for the Cavalier. It was called alpine green metallic. 

Ed Davis, 100Ford2003, Ed Davis and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David Knight
(@david-knight)
Famed Member

Nice to see another U.S. car that was popular in the driveways of many homes. It’s this every day bread snd butter cars that interest me the most. Thanks, David, for posting that availed. Show us more of what you have!

David Knight
Richmond, Virginia. USA

Ed Davis, 100Ford2003, David Green and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

These X Concepts items seem to also be known as Modifiers and come in a bubble pack with alternative wheels you can fit.   I see  a Ford Focus,  Honda,  and Escalade among others.   I believe I have some of these which have been out for a while.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Karl Schnelle, David Green, Karl Schnelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

Posted by: @john-quilter

These X Concepts items seem to also be known as Modifiers and come in a bubble pack with alternative wheels you can fit.   I see  a Ford Focus,  Honda,  and Escalade among others.   I believe I have some of these which have been out for a while.

What a cool idea - can't believe I missed them when they came out! I wonder if they made 'unModifiers' as well? https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/subjects/x-concepts-brand

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here is what the X Concept Modifiers packaging looked like. Found this on eBay along with a few 1/43 cars. A few cars listed on eBay in the $100 plus range. Crazy!

I'll Post three Honda 'X-Concepts,LLC' models this afternoon in a separate post. All are not in Modifiers packaging and were purchased by me as vehicles, unboxed, about 15 years ago.

s l1600

ReplyQuote
Chris Sweetman
(@chris-sweetman)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @karl
Posted by: @john-quilter

What a cool idea - can't believe I missed them when they came out! I wonder if they made 'unModifiers' as well? https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/subjects/x-concepts-brand

X-Concepts was the company and their model car range were branded under Modifiers. Modifiers were available in 1:43rd and 1:64th scales. Earlier 1:43rd Modifiers were packaged in a larger blister pack. In the later series the dimension of the over all blister pack size was reduced considerably. I bought a few when they were current and managed to pick up a couple of 1:64th scale versions when they were greatly reduced price wise.

Robin Hood County
Nottinghamshire England UK

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

I remember the Modifiers being sold at Target. I bought one, the '97 Honda Del Sol. I left it as-displayed in the plastic package (though I did open it) but still have all the accessory bits, screws, etc.

ReplyQuote
culture
(@culture)
Trusted Member

I also remember seeing the modifies at Target. At the time I had the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda Accord Coupe, and a 1999-ish Mustang.

Michael Majdalany
San Francisco, CA

ReplyQuote
Share: