4 Posts
4 Users
6 Likes
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Testors Metal Body Plymouth Prowler Black Tie Metal Model Kit 1:43 Scale

Wikipedia says, "The Plymouth Prowler, later the Chrysler Prowler, is a retro-styled production car manufactured and marketed from 1997 to 2002 by DaimlerChrysler, based on the 1993 concept car of the same name."  The name change came in 1998 when Chrysler Corporation dropped the Plymouth line.

The Prowler was offered in a front-engine, rear-drive, rear-transmission configuration—with an overall production of 11,702.

This is a pre-painted Testors kit, and it's also a fine model of a quirky car that didn't quite catch America's attention.  I remember looking at the 1:1 on the showroom floor, but it just seemed kind of expensive for commuting (as well as being kind of drafty).  

IMG 8774
IMG 8777
IMG 8778
IMG 8772
This topic was modified 5 months ago 2 times by David H

Karl Schnelle, Ed Davis, David Green and 1 people reacted
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

That looks nice David. The only Prowler model I have is the Danbury Mint in 1/24 scale.

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

The iconic Prowler color was purple. Must be a throwback to all those Plum Crazy Challengers.

Eagles Race 3640 Plymouth Prowler pic1

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

David,  Yes, having one on the model shelf is a lot different than having one in the garage.    I have lots of models on the shelves that I would not want to actually own in 1:1.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

David H reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: