Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

A Model Dose... Tue...

Notifications
Clear all

A Model Dose... Tuesday 5/10/22

John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

A recent release from GFCC Toys. I couldn't resist getting this one despite the fact I have this color combination in DMs 1:24 scale.

1956 Buick Roadmaster Riviera Hardtop Sedan

1956 Buick Road Master Sdn RB0
1956 Buick Road Master Sdn RB1
1956 Buick Road Master Sdn RB4
1956 Buick Road Master Sdn RB5
1956 Buick Road Master Sdn RB6
1956 Buick Road Master Sdn RB7

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Bob Jackman, Ed Davis, David Knight and 1 people liked
Nickies
(@nickies)
Estimable Member

Is this a newcomer in the 1/43 market and what are the weak points you can see on close examination?

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

It seems like good value for the money to me......do you agree John?

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

These GFCC models are steadily improving, especially with the wheels and trim.

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

These are excellent models and compared to the original Roadmasters that GFCC issued, way better.

I am pleased with the two I have, and I hope to get two other colors. 

I am not as critical of a model's specifics. I look for a good representation of the original, a respectful representation of factory colors-but not necessarily 100% correct.

If anything really bugs me, it is scale. I am always annoyed when it is wrong. It isn't difficult to measure and size a model correctly. Why it is sometimes wrong, baffles me.

This one seems reasonable, although I didn't measure them. The colors are great and this model represents the 1:1 very well.

I took some photos I've haven't finished yet of the Brooklin Century Riviera and the other model I got together, the Roadmaster is noticeably wider. 

Here's a couple of shots I processed quickly this evening.

DSC08052
DSC08048

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Dave Gilbert
(@daveg)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @jcarnutz

I am not as critical of a model's specifics. I look for a good representation of the original, a respectful representation of factory colors-but not necessarily 100% correct.

Well put, John. The models I add to my personal collection only need to pass one test: If it makes me smile, it's in! That's the same system I've used since I was 5.

Dave Gilbert
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
dave@toycargeek.com
toycargeek.com

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

@daveg, I love this approach to collecting. Bottom line, if you like it and enjoy it, it's OK

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

Good looking Buicks!  In 1956, as in earlier years, the Century was built on the Special frame and body, while the Super and Roadmaster shared a larger body and frame, also shared by the Cadillac Series 62 in major parts.  

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @david-green

These GFCC models are steadily improving, especially with the wheels and trim.

David,  I am particularly pleased to see that GFCC took my suggestion in a letter I wrote them in their Albany New York headquarters over four years ago that there was room for improvement in the wheels based on comments from diehard collectors on this forum.   Copy of my letter on request.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

I'm glad that they listened John. That is not often the case with many model manufacturers although I do see a few listening to comments on The Diecast Zone. GFCC and Goldvarg are to be applauded for accepting suggestions. I am sure that there are others.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO