Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

A question on the N...

Notifications
Clear all

A question on the NABCC models..............

Page 1 / 2

Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Please don't regard this question as criticism...criticism is not the intended goal.

But why were the first 2 NABCC models done in convertible form?

One would think, if the first release is a convertible, the 2nd release would be a coupe or hardtop, or some non-convertible style car.

This is surprising, because their are white metal model and resin model collectors that don't collect convertibles.

I would love to support this project, but I just don't collect convertible models. I have very few convertible models like GLM and Conquest.

I am trying to support this hobby as best as I can.... I have my 3rd Brooklin NB Center model enroute to me, I purchased 3 Conquest (SMTS) and 2 models directly from SMTS models in the last few months, and just as many resin models in that time.

Is the 3rd NABCC release scheduled to be another convertible?

John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

Thanks for the input, Ben. We've not yet discussed NABCC #3 yet. For NABCC #2, we submitted a list of five models to our NABCC Ambassadors to vote on. They chose the Caribbean. We'll go through the same process when we begin discussions on the next model. We appreciate your support and hope to have something that fits in your collection soon! 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

@jkuvakas 

Does NABCC plan one club model per year?

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

@ed-davis, We would like to do more than one. We're still trying to refine our workflow and figure out how best to work with our members. Once Brooklin deals with moving the factory and streamlining their production, we should be able to offer at least two models a year. What would you like to see?

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jkuvakas

What would you like to see?

That is a question that will open up a big can of worms John! 

I expect just about everyone to answer that question.

Now that I have my beloved Conquest 1950 Buick sedanette (my blue one is on the way to join my green and Ivory editions), I would like (and a few others here join me) to see the 1941 De Soto coupe done, like the one in the Cool Hand Luke movie.....and imagine if it came with a little 'Lucille' figure?

ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Estimable Member

I am pretty sure all of us have a model in mind that we would like to have as NABCC 3. I sure do, and in my case, it is not a convertible. The key to the selection process is to listen to our members. One of our blessings is a rapidly growing membership made up of a diverse group of collectors. A central mission for the NABCC is to bring into the fold so to speak folks who have never owned a Brooklin Model before. Typically, going to the same well year after year has in time a diminishing return. We have been very successful with the O-Gauge train operators where the Brooklin Model 1:43 scale is a very good fit. Additionally, we have attracted many Department 56 collectors who now for the first time will own a Brooklin Model to add to their Chritsmas displays. Outside the box for the typical Brooklin Model Club, sure is, but if it helps us grow our hobby, that's good for all who collect Brooklin Models. Santa's Jeep & Toy Trailer is a classic example of thinking outside the typical Brooklin Model box. 

In terms of NABCC 1 & 2, we received excellent input from our members and leaders. What made the convertibles so desirable was the removable top. You got to have it both ways that sure satisfied many. One look at our gorgeous Buick says it all.

club car 3

This post was modified 3 months ago by PTC

ReplyQuote
Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ptc

I am pretty sure all of us have a model in mind that we would like to have as NABCC 3. I sure do, and in my case, it is not a convertible.  

Thanks for the reply.....I would love to know which model that you personally would like to see done.

And you mentioned the Christmas Jeep edition, which is also a convertible, so that is 3 for 3 NABCC models in convertible form.

ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Estimable Member

"Thanks for the reply.....I would love to know which model that you personally would like to see done.

And you mentioned the Christmas Jeep edition, which is also a convertible, so that is 3 for 3 NABCC models in convertible form."

Rest assured, I have a nice photo for my personal choice for the NABCC 3 Model, but it probably is best that I keep it to myself. I will submit my idea with all of the others at the right time. It is an eye catcher though. I do love flash and splash if that is a hint. My choice sure would not get lost in the crowd. 

Santa's Jeep & Toy Trailer IS NOT an NABCC model. It is the 1st offering from the D56 Club. Not sure how you would show Santa very well without a top down option. But, it will come with a removable convertible top as well. All of us who have been directly involved with this project are very proud of this upcoming model. Unlike a typical Brooklin Model Project, we have been very hands on as the Santa Figure and Toy Load is our work product.

Santa Jeep & Toy Trailer 006
Santa Jeep & Toy Trailer 018

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Noble Member

Posted by: @ben-lampson

I would vote for some diversity for NABCC #3 - not a convertible, not red or blue!  😉   So, Ben, that's 2 votes! 😯 

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @karl
Posted by: @ben-lampson

I would vote for some diversity for NABCC #3 - not a convertible, not red or blue!  😉   So, Ben, that's 2 votes! 😯 

I would support the NABCC send a fan out to interested NABCC members asking for their, say top 3, recommendations for the 2023 model, but I would be happy to once again leave the ultimate choice up to them.  This way the panel could assess the collective wants of the members, including body style, but could also apply their knowledge of technical issues, possible licensing problems and marketability of the model selected.  At the end of the day the choice has to be a profitable venture to some degree for the club as we all well know.  I personally prefer a 2drht. body style but of course also love convertibles and station wagons; but in spite of this I am extremely pleased with the last two model choices made by the NABCC panel and trust their judgement.

ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Estimable Member

"I am pretty sure all of us have a model in mind that we would like to have as NABCC 3. I sure do, and in my case, it is not a convertible."

I guess that this makes three (so far).

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @ptc

"I am pretty sure all of us have a model in mind that we would like to have as NABCC 3. I sure do, and in my case, it is not a convertible."

I guess that this makes three (so far).

LOL...make that four!

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

@jkuvakas 

My preference is probably different from the long time Brooklin collectors, who have many, many of their models. I like cars from the late 1950s and 1960s. Brooklin made many of these in the past. I wish they would bring one back, but make it with today’s level of detail.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Reputable Member

We all know that Brooklin is trying to streamline to reduce costs and be profitable. This being said, is it not more economical to take an existing casting and alter it rather than produce a new casting from scratch? Was this not the process for the 1st 2 NABCC models (ie; existing '56 Buick 4 dr converted to a 2dr convertible and "54 Packard 4 dr sedan converted to a 2 dr convertible?).I think Brooklin still has plenty of existing castings that I would definitely buy if altered, such as the '53 Ford custom line 4 dr to a 2dr htp or the upcoming '61 Pontiac into a 2 top convertible. Rather than canvas members to see what car they would like to see next, I think a better approach would be to see whether members prefer cars from '30s,'40's,'50s,'60s and maybe their preferred style ie: convertible, htp or wagon.

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

@kenspear 

I like both of your suggestions.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO