Notifications
Clear all

Be Modern - Buy Chrysler

Page 1 / 2

Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

So said their advertising for 1941. So I decided to "be modern" and just added this little gem to my collection!

Brooklin's 1941 Chrysler New Yorker convertible:

20211010 171451
20211010 171511
20211010 171624

I don't have many pre-war cars in my collection but this beauty just might start me off...

Ed Davis, Mark Lampariello, Frank Reed and 6 people liked
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @moe-parr

So said their advertising for 1941. So I decided to "be modern" and just added this little gem to my collection!

Brooklin's 1941 Chrysler New Yorker convertible:

20211010 171451
20211010 171511
20211010 171624

I don't have many pre-war cars in my collection but this beauty just might start me off...

This is a really nice one by BRK done in a great color for a convertible.  I have this one and the red top down version, which displays really well too.

ReplyQuote
David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Noble Member

Good choice, Moe.  I think it's one of Brooklin's finer productions.  Looking for mine, I found a couple of others whose makers tend to agree with you about the color.

IMG 2157

Frank Reed, John Merritt, John Kuvakas and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Nice lineup David.

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member

My Grandfather did just that "modern" thing and bought a 1941 Chrysler. Of course, he did that partially because my Mom, as a brand-new driver, had crunched up the front of his 1936 Airflow and he decided just to get a new car. Mom mentioned one saving grace from her little pile up, was that they had a nearly brand-new car at the start of WWII, when new cars weren't available.

Frank Reed, John Kuvakas, JayGolan and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

This is a really nice one by BRK done in a great color for a convertible.  I have this one and the red top down version, which displays really well too. 

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

I like the top-down one too. I'm surprised Brooklin didn't put the Highlander interior into it, it would have looked great in that red convertible!

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

Mine has a few details added by Fred Lewis. And the top has been left loose to view the interior. Brooklin was unable to provide me the top-down boot though.

Brooklin BRK 085FL 1941 Chrysler pic1
Brooklin BRK 085FL 1941 Chrysler pic2

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@mg-harv

It's hard to see how beautiful the interior is with the fixed uptop. Thanks for showing it!

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Noble Member

The Chrysler is an outstanding model, both the open & closed versions are great.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Moe Parr liked
ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Estimable Member

Good choice Mo.

Moe Parr liked
ReplyQuote
Rick Thompson
(@rick-thompson)

I don't have the convertibles, but I kept looking at the gray BRK 120 Business Coupe, thinking that it was nice-looking.  Never pulled the trigger, though, until Brooklin reissued it in dark blue with tan interior, as BRK 120a.   I got that one and when it arrived, I was blown away by how great it looks.  The dark color with all the brightwork and the wide whitewalls---just stunning.   Highly recommended if you don't have it!

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@rick-thompson 

I just looked at a picture, yes it looks great! Interesting that Brooklin badged that one a Saratoga. I think Saratoga and New Yorker differed only in interior trim, exteriors were identical except for the script on the hood.

ReplyQuote
parkhyunjeong036
(@parkhyunjeong036)

The model looks nice and the paint job looks clean. That is a very nice lineup, indeed. Holy hell. I’m also interested in getting my hands on a few red ones if there are any.

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

As I often do when I particularly love a model, I bought the original sales brochure for this one. It arrived today in absolutely amazing condition for an 80-year old paper document! Here are a few pics:

20211018 202340
20211018 203233
20211018 202357
20211018 202417

This post was modified 3 months ago by Moe Parr

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: