Diecasts for today,...

Notifications
Clear all

Diecasts for today, and to the end of the month 1-31-22 - Nine Volkswagen Beetles by Tomica and Kado

Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I think these are all based on the 1975 VW 1200, but VW enthusiasts are welcome to add what they know. Kado marketed their own versions of the Tomica casting as a limited series that also included the VW van and Citroen H van. The Rolls Royce and 1938 Ford-style front trunk lids were actual fiberglass items sold in the 1970s and 1980s for those who wanted to customize their Beetles - very interesting that Tomica chose to replicate this custom activity.

Kado KT 18 VW Politie pic3
Kado KT 19 VW Polizei rear
Kado KT 20 VW Feuerwehr
Kado KT 21 VW ADAC rear
Tomica F11 VW
Tomica F11A VW RR
Tomica F11B VW Ford
Tomica F21 VW Police
Tomica F21 VW Polizei

David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

Thanks for posting these, Harv.  I once owned and commuted in a '64 VW bug (and it was 10 years old when I bought it!), and I remember looking at ads for those RR and '40 Ford front ends. Either would have cost about what I paid for my bug!  But these models are interesting.  Hmmmmm........... Laugh David H

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

I remember these cars, including one with a Rolls Royce style front. I learned to drive a stick shift in one of these.  It had over 100,000 miles, so the owner was not that concerned about what I might do.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@d-m-holcombe I seem to recall RR threatened a lawsuit after the kits appeared.

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Prominent Member

@mg-harv  Not sure about the VW but RR did sue about the Custom Cloud body kit for the Monte Carlos.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Noble Member

Love that RR-VW!

RR VW

https://www.oldbug.com/rolls.htm

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member

@john-quilter      I had forgotten that Chevy.  Here's the whole story, along with some good pictures:

http://www.coindispenser.com/story.html

ReplyQuote
Share: