From My Collection... A New Goldvarg Release

36 Posts
14 Users
84 Likes
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

1968 Buick Electra 225 Hardtop Sedan - Goldvarg Collection - LE #14 of 240 in Verdoro Green

1968 Buick Elec 225 Hdtp Sdn G0
1968 Buick Elec 225 Hdtp Sdn G1
1968 Buick Elec 225 Hdtp Sdn G4
1968 Buick Elec 225 Hdtp Sdn G5
1968 Buick Elec 225 Hdtp Sdn G6
1968 Buick Elec 225 Hdtp Sdn G7

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

Ed Glorius, John Kuvakas, Mike DeTorrice and 2 people reacted
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member

Looks great in your photos, John!

I just received this one too and really like the way it looks on display. But I don't think Verdoro Green was a Buick color in 1968 - I think it was Pontiac color only. Regardless, I still think it's a beauty!

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

This model is very well done IMHO (I got the beautiful Autumn Bronze color) and I would love to see a 2drht and/or convertible version done in the future.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Jack Dodds

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@moe-parr Barry;  I think Buick offered it in '69.

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Noble Member

Jack Dodds: +1. I too would love to see this in a convertible or 2 dr htp. I can't wait for GLMs 1970 Buick Electra convertible.

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @kenspear

Jack Dodds: +1. I too would love to see this in a convertible or 2 dr htp. I can't wait for GLMs 1970 Buick Electra convertible.

Me too Ken....that gold shade looks awesome and is something different as well.

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@moe-parr Barry, I too wasn't sure where that green came from; I didn't think it was available as a 1968 Buick color. I once owned a 1968 Buick Skylark convertible in mist-Blue but don't recall ever seeing any '68 Electras in this shade of green.

In fact, Buick in 1968, really didn't offer a Green (....at least not in the traditional sense ).   It's a great 1/43 model and I welcome all SEDANS, but that wrong color would be an issue for me. 

I suppose with enough money, it's possible  (🙄 🙄) someone could've submitted a "super-special-paint-code-order"  ....?????

Buick 68 color 2
Buick 68 color 1

John Kuvakas reacted
ReplyQuote
Chazy.R
(@chazy-r)
Honorable Member

I am very much a stickler for authentic colors and because of the ability to electronically match OEM colors and the many available for this 68 Buick, I don’t understand the use of the 68 Pontiac choice. I would expect the makers, that provide outstanding authentic details to their resin models, would be as authentic and true to the car and color. IOM

BTW, many here on the forum have taken offense to the beautiful 1961 Imperial in a non authentic 1961 Chrysler ‘Dubonnet’ metallic color. I believe the 1:1 Imperial was a special factory color. I have searched for a 1:1 68 Buick in that green but none found. 

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

That's a great-looking Buick Electra 225 ! There are several reasons why a car may be in a particular color but in all cases, (and if you can judge it absolutely accurately on a computer monitor) buy what you like and like what you buy and you will be a happy collector.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on matters like this. We all know that there were frequent "Spring Specials" that previewed a color to be added to the lineup the next model year. All the colors offered are not always in the catalogs. The one-off '65 Riviera in Samoan Bronze, a well-documented Cadillac color applied to a Buick, is a good example of how things worked back then. That the color shows up on the '69 color chips is a good indication that there may have been some '68 models painted in that color. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@jkuvakas There ya go!

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

In early ‘69 my grandmother had a 67 LeSabre that was totaled in an accident. When she went to the dealership for a replacement they had a demo 68 LeSabre sedan in a similar green (from what I remember) she had the car for many years. I don’t have photos of it and using the memory of an 8yr old so I can’t be sure. But this green reminds of that car and color.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Famed Member

@chris I don't think the Autumn Bronze is a factory '68 Buick color either. As does the green one, it looks great but it's not authentic.

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
Nickies
(@nickies)
Noble Member

Here are some pictures of the other color. One important fact is Goldvarg doesn't use silver paint for any trim and everything is chrome foil. This looks far better.

IMG 2561
IMG 2562
IMG 2563
IMG 2564
IMG 2554

100Ford2003 reacted
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @moe-parr

@chris I don't think the Autumn Bronze is a factory '68 Buick color either. As does the green one, it looks great but it's not authentic.

Yeah, you're right. Both colors, Verdoro Green & Autumn Bronze show up on factory 1968 Pontiac color charts.

Buick 68 color 4
Buick 68 color 3

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: