received 261648829128039
received 626550958312371
received 395611758575815
received 999071394183673
received 1270813280028129

David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

These are a big improvement from their earlier more DINKY TOY like issues. Thanks Renato.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

The wheels and tires on these look excellent. Are these new?

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Noble Member

Amazing improvement! Goes to show the real potential of some of the lower priced models with some imagination and hard work. Also, what paint did you use on the roof of the Buick ?

ReplyQuote
renato bardi
(@renato-bardi)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@kenspear that pix are send to me directly from the department of GFCC

ReplyQuote
renato bardi
(@renato-bardi)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  
received 361357605664289

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Noble Member

Renato: Do you know if GFCC is planning to release these new color combinations in the near future or are these just prototypes not to be released?

ReplyQuote
renato bardi
(@renato-bardi)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

@kenspear Next Buick will be in those colors ready to ship in September. 

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

Many months ago I wrote GFCC (as I sometimes do with model companies) and encouraged them to upgrade the realism of their wheel covers.   Don't believe I got a response but it is gratifying to see they have taken my advise.   Here is the text of my letter dated 1-29-18

January 29, 2018

GFCC Toys

99 Washington Avenue Suite 805

Albany, NY  12210-1822

Dear Sirs,

I write to you as an inveterate collector of diecast, resin, and white metal 43rd scale models.  I have been involved in this hobby for 60 plus years and currently display a collection of over 2000 items.

Recently I have learned on the Legacy Forum 43 of your new range of models and have acquired your 1959 Pontiac and have on order the 1956 Buick Century Riviera four door hardtop.   There have been discussions and photographs on the forum of your offerings and there has been mention that the models are accurate 43rd scale, well-proportioned appropriate color choices, and good value for money.  However, there has been some criticism of these offerings in that the wheel covers are all generic and do not replicate the actual cars which all have differing covers. 

I fully realize that specifying accurate differing wheel covers adds to production costs but this single change would greatly enhance the collectability of these interesting models.  You might investigate what the additional cost of this change might be for future launches.  Now with Google images the design of the various covers is easily researched.

Photos of Pontiac,  Studebaker and Buick wheel covers included but do not reproduce in this forum post.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

Well done!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Ken Spear
(@kenspear)
Noble Member

I decided to compare the picture of the proposed Buick to the GFCC two-tone coral/white that I already have. Besides the correct hubcaps, I noticed individual windshield wipers have been added, as well as driver mirror. The  front fender ornaments, main hood ornament, door handles and side trim are now separate items vs previously being cast into the body.The front windshield frame appears to be improved over the previous silver painted frame. The interior is improved with detail painted seats. The current model has plain white seats. I would expect that an increase in price will follow given the added details. I'm OK with that.

ReplyQuote
Share: