Little people, Broo...

Notifications
Clear all

Little people, Brooklin style!

David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Several kind members of this august forum have commented on my use of figures in some of my photography.  Here's a CTCS special from Brooklin to show that BRK itself sometimes uses figures. (Beware that the driver is one of mine, an addition because it just looked unusual to have no driver in a parade car.)

IMG 8118
IMG 8123

(Click on a picture for enlargement)

Ben Lampson
(@ben-lampson)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @d-m-holcombe

Beware that the driver is one of mine, an addition because it just looked unusual to have no driver in a parade car.

IMG 8118
IMG 8123

(Click on a picture for enlargement)

Great figures and pics David, but you didn't get the note from Brooklin about that model?

they released it as a self autonomous parade car!

but I am glad you put a driver behind the wheel... I wouldn't trust 1950's technology with so made parade goers lives at stake.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Moderator

This post reminds me of a moment I had with my daughter when she was 8.

Our dealership had been asked to provide a car for a local homecoming parade. I always provided a car when asked and usually drove it myself. When I asked who we would be hosting, I was told it was the price & princess of the homecoming. I asked if we could toss candy along the way and was given permission. When I told my daughter what I was doing, she got excited about coming to the parade and seeing a real prince and princess. She got really animated when I told her she could ride in the cars with us and toss out the candy!

We got to the parade and were introduced to the young couple. My daughter actually curtsied! I was blown away and so excited for her! Once the parade started, the "prince" was shouting out to his buddies in the crowd and his language was a bit colorful, to say the least. I was hesitant to say anything lest my little girl become disillusioned with her dad correcting a prince. About halfway through the parade, she leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "Dad, I don't think he's a real prince and that means she's not a real princess. You can tell him to stop saying bad words." I just looked at her and said, "Really?" She said, "Really, trust me on this. I know things about princes and princesses."

I turned and said, "Ease off on the language, Junior." I looked over at my daughter. She was beaming and throwing candy.

This post was modified 7 days ago by John Kuvakas

John Kuvakas

ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Estimable Member

Great story.  We need more who would do that.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Estimable Member

LOL, John K ! And very cool and useful figures, David. They really can add to a photo.

ReplyQuote
JayGolan
(@jaygolan)
Eminent Member

Anyone know if there's an O scale or 1/43 Santa Claus figure in a driving position?

ReplyQuote
cadillaclloyd
(@lloyd-mecca)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @jaygolan

Anyone know if there's an O scale or 1/43 Santa Claus figure in a driving position?

There is this...a Lionel Santa engineer, it is a replacement part...

2021 02 22 16 18 31 Lionel Train Replacement Parts, O Gauge Model Trains from Lionel Trains — Mozill

find it here

You might need to do a little detail work, but it appears this is the only seated Santa out there.

Scroll down the parts list to santa

This post was modified 6 days ago by cadillaclloyd

JayGolan liked
ReplyQuote
David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Here are two that aren't really 1:43.   I keep them around waiting for Christmas display time. Click on picture for enlargement.  The figures in these cars, and similar Christmas dimestore specials, are usually easy to remove.  You might look at Christmas decorations.  Happy hunting!

IMG 8173

I just went on ebay and saw an interesting Maisto 1996 Dodge Viper with an oversized Santa driving.  Scale is given as 1:39.  I also saw some Santa train stuff under Lionel in O scale, including some Mr. and Mrs. Santa figures for a handcar.  

This post was modified 5 days ago 2 times by David Holcombe

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Trusted Member

AA50F177 E200 4FA5 BA4D 99ABEF2C4443

I think this ornament cool.

I use the hallmark miniature Santa in my On30 Christmas train although not seated.

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Estimable Member

Woody ornaments

I like the woodies. BTW David, I also have the one on the lower right in your pic.

ReplyQuote
Share: