New Model!

6 Posts
4 Users
28 Likes
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Is Auto Art's new Bugatti the most detailed 1/43 model ever made?

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

John, just to be sure, you said about $220. With that level of detail, I think it is a bargain at that price.

This post was modified 5 months ago by Ed Davis

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Legacy has them at $210

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

I have several 1/43 Bugatti 57SCs in my collection but nothing with this fantastic detail. A lot of money, especially in Canadian dollars, but looks worth it. It would look well next to my AutoArt Jaguar D-Type, which was detailed, but not to the extent of their Bugatti.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

@david-green, I have their D Type Jag and Muira. Both are excellent. They just took a giant step forward with this one. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

No.

While Vlad Pivtorak's 57SC (the Mullin Collection car) does not have all the opening features, it's detail looks phenomenal, as we would expect from EMC.

I might have shelled out for this one, but I already had two of the Minichamps 57SCs and they fill the bill for me. The AUTOart Bugattis have been on the market for a long time now, maybe two years, and there are many on epay. Perhaps many collectors already have these by MC or even Rio and don't wish to pay close to $200 for another. I may get a black one someday if I spot a good deal.

I reviewed several AUTOart freebies for Legacy years ago. Good thing they are very nice so I didn't have to gloss over anything. I assume you got a good deal on yours John (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Wink  

As for the best detail ever, there will never be a consensus on that. The best engine detail I have is on my HPI race cars, or maybe the GMP Garlits dragsters (they are wired!)

Anyone who has seen a professionally-built Tameo F1 Ferrari can make the argument that is the best. And if you saw the early Grand Prix Mercedes our friend Mikhail had at Countryside, you'd know there are better ones out there.

HPI 8055 Jaguar No. 2 pic2
GMP 14403 Garlits Swamp Rat III pic2
DSCN5658
This post was modified 5 months ago by Harv Goranson

Frank Reed, Ed Davis, Karl Schnelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: