Some new acquisitio...

Notifications
Clear all

Some new acquisitions - a very diverse selection!

10 Posts
6 Users
34 Likes
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Maz, a collector-friend in England sent me a just-released Corgi Toy, just because I love their old Golden Jacks with Take-Off Wheels.  Such an engineering marvel!  They were introduced in 1968.  Guess when Hot Wheels were introduced?  Oh well, Golden Jacks disappeared fairly quickly (1968-70).  The Corgi Model Club has been re-introducing old 1960 Corgi Toys at a much more affordable price compared to the original mint-boxed example.  All made in China, but that is not unexpected.   This is their first Golden Jack reissue - the Rover 2000 TC! Here it is with the original - can you tell the difference?  I can't

Corgi Club Rover
Two Corgi Rover front
Two Corgi Rover baseplates
Two Rover Corgi

Then I received my latest Matrix Alfa - the 6C 3000 Superflow IV, designed by Pininfarina!  Seems like all of these superflow-esque Alfas have now been done in resin.  More on that later.

Matrix Alfa 6c 3000 Superflow IV

Finally, Officina 942 sent me their first two 1:43.  They started out making smaller scale 1950-style model cars: solid castings with no window glazing, non-rolling wheels.  Very evocative of the early 1950s Italian toy car in industry.   These are two Fiat Grand Prix cars - from 1920 and 1921.  The packaging is very nice and very Art Deco!  More later on these too...

20240523 144036
20240523 144014
20240523 144026
20240523 144005

Someone remarked that they remind then of the little Models of Yesteryear that came out in 1958 (1929 Le Mans Bentley) and 1961 (1926 Type 35 Bugatti).  You can see that they are smaller and closer to 1:55 scale.

Y5 Bentley Y6 Bugatti Fiat Officina 942

Ed Davis, Christopher Moroni, Randy Rusk and 6 people reacted
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

Those Corgis, Matrix and Officina replicas all look great ! A diverse selection here for sure and I also have that very neat Models of Yesteryear light blue Bugatti, that I got new when I was a kid.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

Lots of eye candy here Karl. I'm glad to see the Golden Jacks. So far I only have the Jaguar E-Type Coupes from the Jaguar Model Club.

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mikedetorrice

... very neat Models of Yesteryear light blue Bugatti, that I got new when I was a kid.

These 2 YYs were bought for me by my Mother in the 1960s, so I blame her for my collecting addictionSmile

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

Never heard of these Corgi take off wheels....  nice!

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@chris Golden Jacks with Take-Off Wheels were a Corgi innovation to help compete with Dinky and other 1/43-ish toy cars at the time.  However, these wheels only lasted 2 years as the Hot Wheels revolution took over the toy car industry!

Corgi Golden Jacks TOW 1969 catalogue

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Illustrious Member

Interesting collection. Thanks for sharing.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @karl

These 2 YYs were bought for me by my Mother in the 1960s, so I blame her for my collecting addictionSmile

Wink Smile

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Illustrious Member

@karl 

Had I known about these as a kid I would have had ALL of them...AND a few wheel packs!

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@karl And I bet I know from whence they came.

Dad at Puillips Toy Store
This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Harv Goranson

ReplyQuote
Share: