Something Different - Lotus Evija by LEGO

6 Posts
5 Users
30 Likes
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

We all tend to take model car collecting very seriously, buying or building the most accurate models possible with some budget constraints.  There can also be a less serious side to this hobby.  I have been playing (excuse me, building) stuff with LEGOs for several years.  Among the many kits they offer are model cars.  Even with the limitations of the brick sizes and shapes, one can still make something that is a reasonable representation of the real thing.  Last weekend I visited the LEGO store at the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg IL and purchased a kit to make a Lotus Evija. It has 247 pieces, designed for people 8 years or older (I definitely qualify), and cost $20.00.  The model is about 1/30 scale.  I am doing the post in the Forum 43 section, since I think it will have the most interest here.  Here are some photos.

First, the box.

IMG 2928

Second, the parts nicely bagged.

IMG 2929

Third, building the rear section of the model.

IMG 2940
IMG 2941

Fourth, building the front section and cockpit.

IMG 2943
IMG 2950

Fifth, the finished model.

IMG 2946
IMG 2948

This is one of the simpler kits.  Some LEGO kits have several thousand parts and are quite detailed. LEGO kits have very detailed and multi-color instruction books, so these kits are not that difficult. I hoped you liked this bit of a diversion from the models we typically discuss and show on this forum.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

Ted Weller, John Kuvakas, David Green and 9 people reacted
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

Those modern Lego kits have so many custom parts that they make up to to pretty realistic cars!  Great lil guy too!

John Kuvakas, Ed Davis, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Quilter
(@john-quilter)
Famed Member

I see in the WSJ today Lego is going to open a one billion dollar factory in Chesterfield County Virginia and employ 1760 people.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

Harv Goranson, John Kuvakas, Ed Davis and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Illustrious Member

This looks like fun, Ed. I have not 'played?' With Lego for years but would like to build one of these car kits.

John Kuvakas, Ed Davis, John Kuvakas and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@john-quilter 

I wonder if any of the walls of the factory will be made from LEGO bricks?

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@ed-davis A UK show a few years ago, hosted by James May of Top Gear fame, showed a full size house built from Legos. They had to first construct hollow concrete block-like "bricks" to give structural integrity to the walls. Once built however, they scratched their heads pondering how to tear it down.

Ed Davis and Ed Davis reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: