The last of the Inver Models?

11 Posts
6 Users
37 Likes
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

The box is packed away, and there isn't much information on the bottom.  Is this the last of the Inver models?  I have a couple of others, and I treasure all of them.

IMG 3954
IMG 3958
IMG 3955
IMG 3960

At the Inver Models web site, I found this statement:

THIS SECTION OF THE INVER MODELS WEBSITE WILL SOON BE CLOSING. 
PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE WWW.PETERNAULLS.CO.UK FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON PETER’S WORK WITH VINTAGE CARS.

On opening that site, I found good information on the Austin restoration, but no mention of the 1/43 scale models.  Does anyone know more?

This topic was modified 9 months ago 2 times by David H

Karl Schnelle, Harv Goranson, Bob Jackman and 8 people reacted
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

David I had heard some time back that there would be no more models from Inver. I have four...the sedan, the woody, the roadster and the delivery truck. Are there others? I always enjoyed my dealings with Peter.

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi Bob, I also enjoyed my e-mail contacts with Peter.   However, I missed that roadster, doggone it.   Here are my other two Inver models.

IMG 3962
IMG 3963
IMG 3965
IMG 3966

This post was modified 9 months ago by David H

Karl Schnelle, David Green, Harv Goranson and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

You're right, Peter is a great guy. I did a video of his last model, the American Austin Coupe. From what he indicated to me, I'd keep an eye on his website. There may be some offerings in the future. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Karl Schnelle, David Green, David H and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well done, John.  I'm in agreement with you.  I will look for the roadster, but I don't expect to find it quickly.  I have two version already, the Rapide and the Mikansue Americana (which I built from a kit).  

IMG 3979
IMG 3980

And one more, a miniature of the little sedan, made in the late 1930's by the American company C.A.W. (Charles A. Wood).

IMG 3975

Karl Schnelle, John Kuvakas, David Green and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

The Inver models' numbering, if you can call it that, was by batches. The woody was from Batch E, the delivery van Batch F. This would imply there could be six models. But my coupe came from Batch C in 2020 - perhaps a second batch? I missed the roadster, wouldn't mind finding one.

ReplyQuote
Peter Naulls
(@peter-naulls)

Great to read your discussion about my models. There were 3 types of American Austin: Coupe (blue, green, cream), Panel (red, green, cream) and Roadster (red, blue and yellow). There were also 2 Bantams:  Station Wagon (brown, green, red) and Boulevard delivery (Brown, blue and black/red). Harv is correct, there was a second batch of Coupes (blue, green, black) some of which sat around the workshop for years before I found time to finish them, that's why the batch numbers looked to be out of sequence. There were also a handful of Boulevards available in kit form. Total production was about 300.

This was always a fill-in job for me (I make commercial models on a commission basis) and I'm afraid the foundry I used for casting the components are no longer interested in doing them. My latest fill in project which is under development is a large bronze Jaguar XK 120 sculpture. 

GreenPanel3crop

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Famed Member

@peter-naulls Welcome, Peter, to the Forum 43 website.  All your little Austin/Bantams are great!  Thanks for the details.  

We have gathered our photos here: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/subjects/inver-models-brand

If your older website will be shutting down, could I add your photos to hobbyDB?  To keep them for posterity?  Thanks, Karl

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Illustrious Member

@peter-naulls That van is beautiful.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

@mg-harv I agree Harv. I would love to add that Van to my collection. Nice to hear from you Peter and hope you are well.

ReplyQuote
Peter Naulls
(@peter-naulls)

Yes please do add them if you wish Karl. Inver Models website is here to stay but the Austin page of it might be deleted one day.

All my car related stuff is now on www.peternaulls.co.uk

AmericanBlueRoadster1Crop

ReplyQuote
Share: