What's your favorit...

Notifications
Clear all

What's your favorite auto make in 1/43 scale?

Page 2 / 2

Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Prominent Member

In 1/43 'collector's models'', I started with Solido l'Age d'Or, Rio, Brumm, and a few RAMI - really all manufacturers.  In parallel, I went for the Yesteryears, Dinkys, and Corgis in the 1/43 toy car vein.   Soon, I concentrated on Tekno Denmark only at the expense of the others, which means 1/50 cars and trucks, 1/43 cars, airplanes, and tinplate.  As I ran out of Tekno to buy (except for 100s of van variations!), I returned to 1/43 Alfa Romeos!

Two Toronados
Alfa Junior Z 3x

ReplyQuote
PTC
 PTC
(@ptc)
Estimable Member

50's for sure and Buicks.

IMG 0555 (002)

ReplyQuote
Harv Goranson
(@mg-harv)
Noble Member

@jaygolan Actually I have two spreadsheets, one for car make totals and one for model-by-model entries. Thet provide a good cross-check on each other in case I miss something. Plus I do periodic printouts by model manufacturer. 

ReplyQuote
Rick Thompson
(@rick-thompson)

@jack-dodds Like Jack, Pontiac is far and away my primary collecting interest, although I also collect station wagons and woodies from all years.  I also find myself drawn to most cars of the '50s and '60s, particularly those from GM (except for Cadillacs, in which I have no interest).  If it's a wagon or a Pontiac, I'm in!

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Prominent Member

1ADA1CCB C60A 42E1 B297 D40475F5DDF1
68BB32C1 BF09 47A7 9233 C306F5ECAAC4

started out with these Brooklin Tbird s and Dinky Vette.  Added anything I thought was cool at antiques stores and shows.  Found a few good online spots and wanted to include different model brands and countries.  I attached my inventory 

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@frank 

I'm with you on the T-Birds and Corvettes, Frank.  Your inventory is most impressive, both in manufacturers and subjects.  But mostly, I confess, in your constructing it and keeping it up to date.   I should have been so wise.  

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @frank

I attached my inventory 

Great list, Frank!  I like how it is organized by year of the manufacturer model.  Mine sorted by model maker with different columns in MS Excel...

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Prominent Member

@karl I had a real good spreadsheet early on including date and location of purchased as well as thumbnail pics but lost it in a computer crash.  

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
Karl Schnelle
(@karl)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @frank

@karl I had a real good spreadsheet early on including date and location of purchased as well as thumbnail pics but lost it in a computer crash.  

Oh no - I am so sorry about that!  Mine is now stored in the cloud and gets backed up automatically!

ReplyQuote
parkhyunjeong036
(@parkhyunjeong036)

I don’t collect myself but my dad does. His current favourite is a grey vintage mustang. He said it looked like his uncle’s car when he was young.

ReplyQuote
Keko Romero
(@keko-romero)
Estimable Member

My collection is near of 1.100 models. My top 13 car brands is:

1-Ford: 48 models

2-Mercedes: 39 models

3-BMW: 35 models

4-Ferrari: 31 models

5-Pegaso: 28 models

6-Alfa Romeo: 28 models

7-Rolls Royce: 25 models

8-Chevrolet: 24 models

9-Jaguar: 21 models

10-Seat: 21 models

11-Cadillac: 20 models

12-Citroen: 20 models

13-Maserati: 19 models

A total of 162 manufacturers of vehicle are represented in my collection...

The number of models per car manufacturer does not mean for me that the most represented is my favourite, it's just a coincidence...

Keko Romero Sánchez
Cádiz, Spain
http://kekomovil.blogspot.com

ReplyQuote
Seba94
(@seba94)
Eminent Member

Cadillacs

ReplyQuote
Chav
 Chav
(@chav)
Honorable Member

I have small 1/43 collection, no more than 40-50 models. The vast majority is pre-war luxury cars with Packard, Duesenberg and French curves being favorites.

73D9F4C7 BE45 4121 8A2C 00AF8E26B28B

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: