Notifications
Clear all

P.E.M. tractor/trailer?

David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Denizens of Forum 64:

Here are some quick snaps of a never-opened box I bought at a yard sale recently.  Is it anything special? I would appreciate any comments.

from David H, who hangs around at Forum 43

IMG 7139
IMG 7140
IMG 7141
IMG 7142

later:  I just looked at my quick shots above.  There is a stainless steel tank atop that trailer.  I couldn't get a clear shot through the plastic.  Sorry.

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by David H

David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I tried with the camera again, leaving the flash off.  It's a good looking pair!

IMG 7144
IMG 7149

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

@d-m-holcombe 

"....Is it anything special?...."   Well David, that depends on what you paid for it.  If you got this for less than $20, I'd say you did alright. This could probably fetch $35-$60 on eBay. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

Many years ago I purchased a PEM tractor-trailer.  I no longer have it, but remember one thing about it, which I did not like.  The horns on top of the tractor roof were molded into the roof, rather than be separate pieces.  This turned me off to other purchases of PEM models.  Other than that, it was nicely finished.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@ed-davis   Good criticism, Ed.  I looked carefully and this one has no horns on the smooth roof.  I can see that the side mirrors are a separate casting.  Anyhow, I have listed it on eBay, so we'll see what happens.  I'm rooting for Christopher's estimates being right!  I thank both of you for your good comments.

Ed Davis liked
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

@d-m-holcombe 

Good luck David!

-Chris

(Hopefully I'm wrong, and it goes higher..... conventional trailers usually bring the "big bucks" but tanker trucks can sometimes surprise ya)

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Christopher Moroni

David H liked
ReplyQuote
David H
(@d-m-holcombe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@chris   It sold for $25, my minimum.  Oh well, maybe the buyer will enjoy it.  I made a couple of bucks.  Thanks for the info.  David H

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Prominent Member

@d-m-holcombe 

Thanks for sending the sale price.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

David,

I'd have to say, that buyer did OK. Hopefully you charged $82.50 to ship it (LoL).  Well, eBay can be fickle; there are thousands of examples of "craziness."  Sorry "we" didn't get the big bucks.

TIP:

In the future, try this (AS I DO!)  When considering any purchase (regardless of source: flea market, antique shop, Craigslist, garage sale, etc...) to flip for profit, pull out your cell phone and enter the item into eBay's "SOLD" advanced search area.  This alone will provide an EXCELLENT source of real-world-value. Instantly, you will know if what you're contemplating is truly worth it.  TRUST ME, 95% of the time this little trick will PROVE it's simply better to "walk away." 😉 😉 😉 

David H liked
ReplyQuote
Share: