(Pics) 1964 Chrysler 300

8 Posts
4 Users
24 Likes
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

These are both from Greenlight and model the beautiful 1964 Chrysler. The '63 and '64 Chryslers were the faint echoes of the original "S-Series" stylings that Virgil Exner and Chrysler design had worked up for originally the 1962 models (or so) in all the Chrysler Corp lines. But the DeSotos were dropped completely, the Dodge and Plymouth radically downsized for '62 and the Imperial was eventually all new for 1964 with new design chief Elwood Engel clearly setting the direction. (and with a bit of his '61 Continental design while at Ford).

The regular Chryslers were simply re-styled without fins for 1962 and then versions of Exner's ideas for an S-Series Chrysler were released for '63 and '64. Engel had much more influence with the all new 1965 Chryslers (and the entire rest of the Chrysler Corp line) from then on.

I really like the 1963-64 Chryslers and these Greenlights are very well done. The white one is a stock 300 and the red one is a mildly retro-modded version. Here, though, I removed the tampoed flames on the original model.

Photo Series 5 23 22 003mod1YDZ
Photo Series 5 22 22 004mod3YDZ
Photo Series 5 23 22 005mod1YDZ
Photo Series 5 22 22 003mod5YDZ
Photo Series 5 23 22 004mod1YDZ
Photo Series 5 23 22 002mod1YDZ
Photo Series 5 23 22 006mod1YDZ

Ed Davis, David Green, John Merritt and 3 people reacted
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

These are nice. I haven't spent much time with my 1:64 collection for some years now, as they are all still packed in cases. I looked up my database and was surprised to see that I have 5 of these for '63 & '64, including this white version. That is the only one I took photos of so far. 

I have been waiting for another manufacturer, in 1:43 scale to create these models. I would love to have a New Yorker hardtop in both 2dr & 4dr versions.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

Mike, nice models. I do not remember these. Do you remember when they were produced?

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jcarnutz

These are nice. I haven't spent much time with my 1:64 collection for some years now, as they are all still packed in cases. I looked up my database and was surprised to see that I have 5 of these for '63 & '64, including this white version. That is the only one I took photos of so far. 

I have been waiting for another manufacturer, in 1:43 scale to create these models. I would love to have a New Yorker hardtop in both 2dr & 4dr versions.

Yes, my small collection of 1/64th scale cars were packed up for a long time, too, John. But recently I got them out to enjoy them again and take some snaps, too.

Oh boy, these '63 and '64 Chryslers would make sensational 1/43 scale models, as they most certainly would in 1/18th or 1/24th, too. I can imagine Goldvarg doing a 1/43 and, although it's unlikely in today's market, it would awesome to see one of these done by SunStar in their Platinum Series !

Posted by: @ed-davis

Mike, nice models. I do not remember these. Do you remember when they were produced?

Thanks ! John's database of his collection would probably give a date, but I seem to recall these were from perhaps 10 years ago or so. Greenlight may still release different colors or versions of their cars from time to time, I think.

Ed Davis and Ed Davis reacted
ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @mikedetorrice

Yes, my small collection of 1/64th scale cars were packed up for a long time, too, John. But recently I got them out to enjoy them again and take some snaps, too.

Oh boy, these '63 and '64 Chryslers would make sensational 1/43 scale models, as they most certainly would in 1/18th or 1/24th, too. I can imagine Goldvarg doing a 1/43 and, although it's unlikely in today's market, it would awesome to see one of these done by SunStar in their Platinum Series !

Thanks ! John's database of his collection would probably give a date, but I seem to recall these were from perhaps 10 years ago or so. Greenlight may still release different colors or versions of their cars from time to time, I think.

I looked in my Database to see if it included years of release. This is what I have

1963 Chrysler 300J Hardtop in Oyster White (Muscle Car Garage/Stock & Custom) -2007

1963 Chrysler 300J Hardtop in Claret Red (Muscle Car Garage/Stock & Custom) -2007                 

1963 Chrysler 300J Convertible in Black (Black Bandit Collection) -2013 

1964 Chrysler 300K Hardtop in Nassau Blue (Muscle Car Garage/Stock & Custom) - 2007

1964 Chrysler 300K Convertible in Royal Ruby (Greenlight Route 66 Set) - 2010

I hope this helps.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

David Green, Mike DeTorrice, Ed Davis and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Brian Cox
(@bec23145)
Estimable Member

I like the wheel/tire combo on the red one. I have a few 1:64 models that I place on top of picture frames of my automotive artwork.

This might sound strange, but I like it as my home is filled with 100% automotive artwork ranging from original pieces to signed and numbered lithographs

and photography of cars that I like.

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

Mike DeTorrice, Ed Davis, John Merritt and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ed Davis
(@ed-davis)
Noble Member

@jcarnutz 

Thank you very much.  I hope they re-release one or two of these Chryslers.  They would look good on my 1/64 scale train layout, which is based on mid-1960's to early 1970's time period.

Ed Davis
Inverness, Illinois, USA

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I looked in my Database to see if it included years of release. This is what I have

1963 Chrysler 300J Hardtop in Oyster White (Muscle Car Garage/Stock & Custom) -2007

1963 Chrysler 300J Hardtop in Claret Red (Muscle Car Garage/Stock & Custom) -2007                 

1963 Chrysler 300J Convertible in Black (Black Bandit Collection) -2013 

1964 Chrysler 300K Hardtop in Nassau Blue (Muscle Car Garage/Stock & Custom) - 2007

1964 Chrysler 300K Convertible in Royal Ruby (Greenlight Route 66 Set) - 2010

I hope this helps.

Thanks for that, John. Yeah, my white 300 is actually a 1963 and the red one is a 1964. The '64's had those "mini" fin-like styling touches on the rear fender tops.

Posted by: @bec23145

I like the wheel/tire combo on the red one. I have a few 1:64 models that I place on top of picture frames of my automotive artwork.

This might sound strange, but I like it as my home is filled with 100% automotive artwork ranging from original pieces to signed and numbered lithographs

and photography of cars that I like.

That's a great way to surround yourself with visual automobilia ! Guests must be very impressed and have plenty of comments and questions about the artwork and the cars themselves.

........... I hope they re-release one or two of these Chryslers.  They would look good on my 1/64 scale train layout, which is based on mid-1960's to early 1970's time period.

These would look excellent on a train layout.

ReplyQuote
Share: