Classic New Arrival!

This is the 1949 Mercury Coupe Atlantic Blue in 1:18 scale by Auto World.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3Oid6pn

1970 in the REAR VI...

Notifications
Clear all

1970 in the REAR VIEW MIRROR

George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
1970 #2
1970 #1

The year I graduated from high school and the world was mine to conquer.  All these 52 years later, the world is lot different than I'd have thought it would be.  So many things that I'd not have believed could/would happen. 

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Skip Johnson, Frank Reed, Jack Dodds and 2 people liked
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

One of the things clearly I'd never have thought could have happen was the pandemic and how it has changed our way of doing most everything.  The other thing would be the entire divide in our political outlook on so many things.  Not to go in to any detail here, but just reflecting.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @georgeschire
1970 #2
1970 #1

The year I graduated from high school and the world was mine to conquer.  All these 52 years later, the world is lot different than I'd have thought it would be.  So many things that I'd not have believed could/would happen. 

George; your high school comment triggered a memory from that time for me as well.  I vividly recall standing around with my high school buddies and our conversation was about "just imagine...in the year 2000 we'll be 48 years old!"  It was just inconceivable to us then.  I think that was about 15 years ago or so......wasn't it?  Lol.  Btw...the good part of that is all of those buddies are still with us today.  How we all survived our teens is beyond me.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds
Posted by: @georgeschire
1970 #2
1970 #1

George; your high school comment triggered a memory from that time for me as well.  I vividly recall standing around with my high school buddies and our conversation was about "just imagine...in the year 2000 we'll be 48 years old!"  It was just inconceivable to us then.  I think that was about 15 years ago or so......wasn't it?  Lol.  Btw...the good part of that is all of those buddies are still with us today.  How we all survived our teens is beyond me.

Jack, I can totally agree with you about perception of time.  When I was 18 years old, being 70 wasn't even close to being on my radar.  Thing is, I think our human minds can allow us to envision a couple years, maybe 5 or 10 year, but anything beyond that is inconceivable.  And since birthday's sneak up on us only one year at a time, being 70 when you're 18 just can't be imagined.  One thing is certain though, the world I entered at 18 in 1970, is not even close to the world it has become and that we are living in.  From my viewpoint, we've actually digressed in so many ways from the way it was back then.  Oh yes, there have been good things and advancements, but overall, I think our world is more divided and unhappy today.  Just my perception.  Smile  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@georgeschire I agree and would like to buy a ticket on the time machine.  Throw it into reverse. Lol.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds

I'm in for that Time Machine ride, but only if it's a "one-way trip".  Smile

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Share:

Classic New Arrival!

This is the 1949 Mercury Coupe Atlantic Blue in 1:18 scale by Auto World.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3Oid6pn