Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

1974 in the REAR VI...

Notifications
Clear all

1974 in the REAR VIEW MIRROR

George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

1974 the year (Jan. 12th) that I married a princess.  As we celebrate number 48 together, the memories we've shared on our journey have made my life beyond happy.  Roy Clark sang, "If I Had to do It All Over Again, I'd do it With You", every word in that song are me speaking to her.   I love Lorraine more every day and can't wait for our road trip through life together to continue.  In 1972 when we first dated, The Carpenter's song, "Top of the World" was on the charts and that song told of my feelings then and even more so today.  God, I have been blessed.  

Lorraine & George 1972 (2014 08 13 09 00 16 UTC)
Lor. & Geo. July 23, 2021 #1

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Thanks for sharing this with us George. I too am blessed to have found a mate of 56 plus years that makes everyday a gift.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

Thanks for sharing this with us George. I too am blessed to have found a mate of 56 plus years that makes everyday a gift.

Congratulations on your 56 plus years Bob.  We've both been blessed with angels.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Prominent Member

What a great sentiment, George! So nice to see something like this in this day and age.

What car were you driving when you picked her up for your first date?

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@moe-parr, THANK YOU!  We actually knew each other a full year before I asked Lorraine out.  On our first date, I was driving my Dad's '66 Pontiac Bonneville 4-dr Hardtop.  The interior in that beautiful beast was as spacious as a living room.  Nine days later I bought a '62 Oldsmobile Starfire 2-dr Hardtop that was my dream car!    

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Moe Parr
(@moe-parr)
Prominent Member

@georgeschire 

I learned to drive on my Dad's '69 Bonneville 4-dr. HT. 428 cu. in., 370 HP, 4-bbl carb and dual exhausts. That big, heavy, luxurious Pontiac could "leave rubber" a block long when you floored it from a standing start!

Now George, do you think Lorraine married you for YOU, or for that flashy Olds Starfire? LOL

This post was modified 6 months ago by Moe Parr

Barry Levittan
Long Island, NY

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@moe-parr, well I'm guessing for me, as she wasn't driving at the time.  And in July 1973 we purchased together a brand new '73 Plymouth Duster and I then put the Starfire away.  So yea, it was me, not the Starfire that swept her off her pretty little feet.  Smile  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Moe Parr liked
ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

@georgeschire

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO