Greta Thunberg and ...

Notifications
Clear all

Greta Thunberg and Australian Media Responce.

David Green
(@david-green)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Greta Thunberg is a Swedish teenage environmental activist who is internationally known for challenging world leaders to take immediate action for climate change mitigation.

Listen to Greta for 45 seconds and then here the Sky News Aussie news commentator. Greta is right, I think but the Australian makes a strong case for more youth responsibility.

ENTERTAINING AND FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

Brush liked
Brush
(@brush)
Honorable Member

I agree with the news caster 100%.  

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Interesting.  I think the generation in question would greatly benefit by being educated regarding the points the announcer makes in order to realize that we are all equally responsible for the problem and of course for finding the remedy.  A softer approach is required though, in order to drive this and other related points home as quality education; as opposed to emulating Greta's delivery style, which just divides us in anger.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Jack Dodds

ReplyQuote
Joop
 Joop
(@joop)
Reputable Member

Greta will find out she's just being used.

I also totally agree with Sky News.

A lot of kids are totally unaware that there are things being taken from them and it could very well be that they don't really care.

As long as they have a device they can look at.

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Reputable Member

Bah! Humbug! “Climate Change” is a ruse…yes, all humans worldwide could do a better job of NOT contributing to detrimental impacts we’re having on the planet in general, but the largest single impact by far on “climate change” is nothing more than Mother Nature at work, doing what she’s always done for eons & eons & eons.

One fact that’s never ever mentioned in this debate is that the earth is tilted about 23 degrees on its axis, which means that one polar icecap is closer to the sun (& therefore warmer & “melting”) than the other. Roughly, every 25,000 years or so, that “tilt” will be totally opposite than what it is now, meaning that the OTHER polar icecap will be warmer (& “melting”) than the current one…(funny how the “experts” conveniently omit that from the debate)…& yes, poor little Greta is being exploited!

Just my humble opinion, of course…

This post was modified 3 months ago 4 times by TerrySlekar

The People’s Republic of Maryland

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Honorable Member

The newscaster, Brush, Joop and Terry make excellent and devastatingly true observations. The clueless gal throwing the tantrum and her supporters have fallen for an agenda-driven tall tale.

Brush, Allan Ording, David Green and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @terryslekar

Bah! Humbug! “Climate Change” is a ruse…yes, all humans worldwide could do a better job of NOT contributing to detrimental impacts we’re having on the planet in general, but the largest single impact by far on “climate change” is nothing more than Mother Nature at work, doing what she’s always done for eons & eons & eons.

One fact that’s never ever mentioned in this debate is that the earth is tilted about 23 degrees on its axis, which means that one polar icecap is closer to the sun (& therefore warmer & “melting”) than the other. Roughly, every 25,000 years or so, that “tilt” will be totally opposite than what it is now, meaning that the OTHER polar icecap will be warmer (& “melting”) than the current one…(funny how the “experts” conveniently omit that from the debate)…& yes, poor little Greta is being exploited!

Terry; this subject is so scientifically intricate that to be honest I'm not exactly sure that I will ever know the actual reality and/or pace of global warming.  I doubt the answer will be made clear in my lifetime. There are so very many opinions based on science of today, politics, economics, health, media delivery style, etc. and each with a different focus and possibly even agenda(s) that I don't see how anyone could be able to prove their perspective is the correct one that all should follow.  I simply know that it is plain to see that eliminating anything that poisons our environment is the correct way to go.  We all can agree that pollution creates a domino effect that eventually comes back to affect all living things adversely.  Pollination by bees is a very obvious example of this that is easy to understand; without them we starve.  So IMHO it is best to respect the various global warming opinions and overtures while focusing on pollution as the foremost crisis facing us today.  I believe that with our ever increasing ability to communicate more effectively we can make the necessary changes through respectfully delivered education and through leading by example; which starts at home, in our own communities.

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @jack-dodds
Posted by: @terryslekar

Terry; this subject is so scientifically intricate that to be honest I'm not exactly sure that I will ever know the actual reality and/or pace of global warming.  I doubt the answer will be made clear in my lifetime. There are so very many opinions based on science of today, politics, economics, health, media delivery style, etc. and each with a different focus and possibly even agenda(s) that I don't see how anyone could be able to prove their perspective is the correct one that all should follow.  I simply know that it is plain to see that eliminating anything that poisons our environment is the correct way to go.  We all can agree that pollution creates a domino effect that eventually comes back to affect all living things adversely.  Pollination by bees is a very obvious example of this that is easy to understand; without them we starve.  So IMHO it is best to respect the various global warming opinions and overtures while focusing on pollution as the foremost crisis facing us today.  I believe that with our ever increasing ability to communicate more effectively we can make the necessary changes through respectfully delivered education and through leading by example; which starts at home, in our own communities.

I can agree with the fact that we may never actually know the truth, but I still contend that the majority of “the sky is falling” alarm is irrational at best, but certainly agenda-driven…

ReplyQuote
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Reputable Member

Healthy & civilized debate! I love that!

ReplyQuote
Allan Ording
(@67gto)
Eminent Member

I guess Greta got an 'A' in her drama class.

ReplyQuote
Chris Sweetman
(@chris-sweetman)
Estimable Member

Newscaster: "Read a book" OK but he has no idea of the natural and manufactured resources plus the energy consumption required in producing printed matter. Some of his other points are perfectly reasonable. But why do parents transport their kids to school in their cars? Over reaction to danger? Hmm - this usually generated by mass media so they are the cause of the issue. But it is likely that the journey could be a stop off and part of a longer run for the parent to get to work - this usually isn't mentioned as it is to mundane to warrant high viewing/listening figures so will effect advertising revenue. In my local area I am surprised at the number of children who walk to the local secondary school where they are close to it or use provided bus services where they are not. So, this aspect doesn't reflect wholly on what this newscaster mentioned. At times generalisation doesn't match localised reality but it is more newsworthy.

Robin Hood County
Nottinghamshire England UK

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @67gto

I guess Greta got an 'A' in her drama class.

She seems coached and probably exploited.  I am concerned for her in the long term as she may experience the "child star" spiral when people inevitably focus on the next "sensation".

ReplyQuote
Share: