I like chicken but ...

Notifications
Clear all

I like chicken but there's something about this process that makes me uncomfortable.

12 Posts
4 Users
14 Likes
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Wow...that's quite a production line.  What is it about it that makes you feel uncomfortable John?

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds, I can't help but wince when they place them on the skewer and the neck pops out. At least, I think it's the neck. 😱 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Noble Member

Posted by: @jkuvakas

@jack-dodds, I can't help but wince when they place them on the skewer and the neck pops out. At least, I think it's the neck. 😱 

LOL.  Not to worry, John.  Chickens don't have private parts. 

This is like one big Show Time Oven.  We have had one for years and LOVE it.  Seems like this method using fire would be more difficult to manage, but no doubt makes delicious chicken.  I'm really impressed with the cleanliness of the kitchen and the sanitation involved.

I also learned something that I can't wait to try.  I've always tied up the legs with string and the legs don't always stay put where I want them.  Cutting a hole in the skin and shoving the legs in the hole will solve that problem.

Show time

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @kocour

This is like one big Show Time Oven.  We have had one for years and LOVE it.  

I bought the Wolfgang Puck version.....it made the best rotisserie chicken, but the machine itself began to self destruct on day one.....Looks like your Showtime version would o` been the (much) better choice

Frank Kocour, John Kuvakas, Frank Kocour and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I would like to know exactly what ingredients made up that stuffing.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @kocour

LOL.  Not to worry, John.  Chickens don't have private parts. 

This is like one big Show Time Oven.  We have had one for years and LOVE it.  Seems like this method using fire would be more difficult to manage, but no doubt makes delicious chicken.  I'm really impressed with the cleanliness of the kitchen and the sanitation involved.

I also learned something that I can't wait to try.  I've always tied up the legs with string and the legs don't always stay put where I want them.  Cutting a hole in the skin and shoving the legs in the hole will solve that problem.

Show time

I'm sorry Frank but I beg to differ.  We just had sweet and sour chicken balls last night from our local Chinese restaurant.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds, SEE??!! Now we have who knows how many eunuch chickens running around! At least they were skewered until their guts came out the wrong end!

FREE THE CHICKENS!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@jack-dodds, SEE??!! Now we have who knows how many eunuch chickens running around! At least they were skewered until their guts came out the wrong end!

FREE THE CHICKENS!

No one wants to see a chicken suffer losing their roosterhood.  From now on its only pork sweet & sour.....I'm taking a stand on this.....I'm woke.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter  

Something I failed to consider. Can a chicken lose its roosterhood?

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Something I failed to consider. Can a chicken lose its roosterhood?

Hang on....I'll COMB the veterinary manuals.  The whole concept seems nuts to me.  Off the top of my head I would say yes, a rooster could; especially if he was henpecked.  Consideration must be given to the avian biology at hand however;  in truth the rooster has two peckers....which improves his odds.  Follow the science, I say.

john barry, John Kuvakas, john barry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Noble Member

@jack-dodds LOL!  Don't ask for the recipe.   And pay no attention to the shrieks that come from the kitchen.

ReplyQuote
Share: