Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

Long Time No See.

Notifications
Clear all

Long Time No See.

David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

As a Canadian who loves hockey, it has been a while since we won a Stanley Cup.

202765818 2061887263962023 3107078482196011694 n

Michel Lemieux, Paul Rouffa, Ed Davis and 1 people liked
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @david-green

As a Canadian who loves hockey, it has been a while since we won a Stanley Cup.

202765818 2061887263962023 3107078482196011694 n

As a staunch Toronto Maple Leafs fan....I am depressed!  Maybe JB could contact their team management and suggest a rename to "Maple Leaves" to shake things up a bit??

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

🐻. playoffs are coming! 🐻

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @frank

🐻. playoffs are coming! 🐻

Gee whiz....do you think the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup this year?   Its been a while.....are Frank Mahovlich, Davie Keon and Eddie "Clear The Track" Shack still on the team?

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

@jack-dodds I remember Eddie Shack was a real hacker with the Bs.    “he was traded in May 1967 to the Boston Bruins for Murray Oliver and cash.  Playing on the right wing on a line with Derek Sanderson and Ed Westfall, Shack's performance rebounded and he scored 23 goals.  

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Shack was a real flamboyant personality.  My late uncle (Leafs fan) who lived in Toronto once told me of a time in that era when he was at a red light and Eddy pulled up beside him in a shiny new red convertible and asked him if he wanted to drag!  My uncle told me he just laughed and declined thinking he was joking, but when the light turned green Eddie took off with tires howling.  My uncle thought it was very strange behavior for a person of his age...lol.

I had forgotten about Shack's Boston gig with "White Skates" Sanderson.

ReplyQuote
Frank Reed
(@frank)
Noble Member

Stick swinging incident between Eddie Shack and Larry Zeidel, March 7, 1968.

Frank Reed
Chesapeake, VA

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @frank

Stick swinging incident between Eddie Shack and Larry Zeidel, March 7, 1968.

There's a blast from the past!  Unbelievable that they played with no face shields and the goalies with no masks!  I recall what Johnny Bower's face looked like up close.  I also remember my old man watching the games on TV, cussing out Jacques Plante as being a coward for being the first NHL goalie to wear a mask.  Mind you he hated the Habs...that may have been a contributing factor. Lol.

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Reputable Member

I was outside the Forum in Montreal on Ste-Catherine Street in 1993 when the Canadiens had just knocked out the L.A. Kings and it wasn't a pretty sight. Burning police cars, smashed windows, looting etc. You might think I'm weird but I'm not a fan of any Canadian team. I liked the Nordics. I'm not lucky all my favorite teams are gone or have moved. The Nordiques, The North Stars of Minnesota but what hurts me the most is the move of the Expos from Montreal to Washington.

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@michel-lemieux 

Montreal Canadiens supporters have historically been a rowdy bunch into riots and destruction. It must have been an event to behold in 1993.

The reason we lose so many teams is the limited market in Canada due to our relatively low population compared to south of the border.

Thanks for sharing Michel.

ReplyQuote
Michel Lemieux
(@michel-lemieux)
Reputable Member

@david-green My parents were at the game in 1955 during the riot for the suspension of Maurice Richard. They left pretty quickly. My most exciting moment with the Maple Leafs was Darryl Sittler's 10-point night.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO