Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO

Notifications
Clear all

Math!

David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
image029.JPG

Pete Rovero, Ed Davis, 100Ford2003 and 2 people liked
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

And there should be a follow up question that if you eat 30 what percentage are gone and how many hours do you then spend in the bathroom?

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Noble Member

My mantra is that if you control the input you should be able to control the output. 

Steve

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

They don't even teach math in school anymore.  My daughter is a kindergarten teacher and the kids are learning to count with calculators.  Which means, they are not learning to count.  They don't teach cursive writing anymore either and spelling and English are non-existent.  So why are our kids going to school?  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

All good points George.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @bob-jackman

All good points George.

I agree.  It is painful to watch on the rare occasion when they have to actually count out your change when working as a cashier.  Most of them are taken aback when you offer to pay with cash and in my experience they always just hand you some change.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @georgeschire

They don't even teach math in school anymore.  My daughter is a kindergarten teacher and the kids are learning to count with calculators.  Which means, they are not learning to count.  They don't teach cursive writing anymore either and spelling and English are non-existent.  So why are our kids going to school?  

They are not reading much either, as most kids I have noticed have writing, spelling and grammar skills far below the standard we learned as kids.  They sure have mastered using the word "like" frequently though; along with using the word "go" in place of "say" when relating a previous conversation they had with someone.  It sounds moronic to me.  They have been let down by our current excuse for an education system IMHO.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jack-dodds
Posted by: @georgeschire

They are not reading much either, as most kids I have noticed have writing, spelling and grammar skills far below the standard we learned as kids.  They sure have mastered using the word "like" frequently though; along with using the word "go" in place of "say" when relating a previous conversation they had with someone.  It sounds moronic to me.  They have been let down by our current excuse for an education system IMHO.

They have been let down by our society as a whole.  But know one is holding the kids responsible.  The parents (or lack thereof) don't care and are uninvolved.  The teachers have no support from the schools or the city.  And I feel the multi-culture classrooms are stunting the educational growth of our kids.  Not to mention, the so-called "gender" issues that are in our schools and society as early as Kindergarten now.  The family is non-existent today and kids are being raised by single parents, gay and lesbian, transgender, bi-sexual parents, no father figures.  In a nutshell it's a mess.  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

@georgeschire;   Well George, as we well know, obviously some changes benefit us as a whole and are long needed but many others are IMHO jammed down our throats by special interest groups with varying agendas, often hidden, who seem to receive more attention and media coverage than deserved.  A couple of contributing factors to this over exposure are the amazing speed of modern communication which accelerates momentum of a given social issue/concern and the related rush by politicians, media, executives, educators and others to be politically correct in the public eye.  Such rushes are often found to be self-serving in nature. Add to this the MSM tendency to sensationalize in order to win the eternal ratings race, often at the cost of their critically important objectivity. The net result of all this is that controversial issues often get traction without adequate scrutiny and debate, which can result in cooler heads not being allowed to prevail in the first instance.  Sadly it seems that the cooler heads I mention are the vast majority of the public; the good people of integrity and honesty whose voice seems to be increasingly not heard. Two classic examples of this are the public disorder issues experienced by Seattle and Portland in 2021; both examples of needless danger and damage caused by political correctness run amok.  Respectfully I will not venture into the political realm any further here; I just wanted to give my two cents worth today.  

ReplyQuote
Share:

Cruise to the holiday weekend with this new arrival!

This is the 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Open top Jade Metallic in 1:43 scale by Stamp Models.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3OMNnVO