PICS: A nicely rest...

Notifications
Clear all

PICS: A nicely restored 1947 Cadillac Series 62 convertible, the last of the fat-fendered Cadillacs that is pretty well accessorized.

tldaly
(@tldaly)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

As is my way, I wondered what it would look like with both mild and more complex photo edits. I do this simply to see the result.

As found:

47 Cadillac Series 62 CV   High Level Restore

Mildly edited, removing accessories, some chrome and lowered a bit:

47 Cadillac Series 62 CV   High Level Restore   Custom   PS (1)

Grillwork, pancaked hood, slight section and some paintwork:

47 Cadillac Series 62 CV   High Level Restore   Custom   PS (2)

Purists, please forgive me. I do this with photos, not real cars, and do so to satisfy my endless curiosity.

Opinions always welcome.

Enjoy!

David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Noble Member

Interesting, Tidaly.  But I think I'll leave mine as is.

IMG 2868
IMG 2870

David H (often seen on Forum 43) Nerd  

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Cadillac is IMHO a car that should not be customized....just doesn't seem right to me.  Lol.

Al_Dorado liked
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

tidaly, I fully understand your reasoning for doing this with photos and must admit you are quite talented and entertaining. It's hard for an old guy like me to see cars altered because I remember these cars when they were new. 

ReplyQuote
Al_Dorado
(@al_dorado)
Honorable Member

😬 😬 😬 

ReplyQuote
tldaly
(@tldaly)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@bob-jackman: Thanks, Bob, I appreciate your candor, love for cars and compliments on my photo editing capabilities. Much like you, I pretty much love all types of cars and engines. Having pretty much lost the space, ability to modify, advanced tools and welders and the desire, I occupy my time photo editing instead of actively building cars and engines. My edits don't appeal to many but do give one a view of how cars and trucks might look, when modified. Please continue to give your opinions, I value them. 

ReplyQuote
Share: