Clear all

TODAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2021

Page 1 / 2

George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  
A BIG ONE IS HERE!
Memories and reflections are precious gifts.
They kidnap my thoughts and flash me back to good and bad times. Some are passing, while others are a part of the fiber of who I am. They warm my heart, make me smile, make me cry. Some are pounding realities of the way things once were and make me wish they still could be. Others make me grateful that I've lived through them, and then there are those I wish could be living over and over again.
So many people that have been in my life that have built my character, made me stronger and provided me opportunities that I'd otherwise not have known.
There are those who hurt me, put me down and left me, but I learned from all of them too. Life is about learning lessons. One right after the other, every day, day after day. I've learned who to trust, who to care for, and who to believe in. I've been blessed.
As I enter my 70's today, I give thanks to God for my princess Lorraine, by beautiful daughters, sweet granddaughters, my family and a bevy of friends that have shared my life with me.
Yea, today is my birthday, I'm 70. I embrace it! The road behind me is filled with so many special events and times, each one making me the person I am. A man who has felt hurt, pain, and much more love than any man deserves.
I look forward to every new day and live it as if it were my last. I do stop and smell the roses, enjoy the sun, the clouds, and I will let you know that, there really is a Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow. I know, because I found it in those who have shared my 70 years with me!
Thank you God for always walking with me, always with Your arm on my shoulder, I need you...and I never forget that. When asked what I'd like for my birthday, there is only one answer...NOTHING! I have everything I need.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

GEORGE & LORRAINE

With my princess Lorraine.  My everything!  

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Ed Glorius, Mike DeTorrice, Brush and 2 people liked
TerrySlekar
(@terryslekar)
Reputable Member

Happy birthday George!

The People’s Republic of Maryland

ReplyQuote
David Holcombe
(@d-m-holcombe)
Prominent Member

Another happy birthday, George.  Thank you for your inspiring words.  Congratulations!

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Happy Birthday George!  Your words are very inspiring and show the thoughts of a person who has learned, sometimes through adversity, to focus on and appreciate what is truly important in life.  I respect you for maintaining your positive attitude and for sharing your thoughts; which serve to remind us how fortunate we are.

ReplyQuote
Frank Kocour
(@kocour)
Honorable Member

Happy birthday, George.  Nice to reach the age where we come as close to satisfaction as possible.  I identify with your comments.  Enjoy!

Brush liked
ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Happy birthday George. Having lots of birthdays is good for your health. Have a wonderful day

ReplyQuote
David Green
(@david-green)
Famed Member

CONGRATULATIONS GEORGE. This is a great and touching post. You have a loverly wife.

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Moderator Admin

Excellent sentiments! Happy birthday, George. Thanks for all you bring to the forums. 

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Al_Dorado
(@al_dorado)
Reputable Member

Happy Birthday, George. 🥂 It's my birthday, too. I'm still a SEXagenarian, though.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @al_dorado

Happy Birthday, George. 🥂 It's my birthday, too. I'm still a SEXagenarian, though.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Al !!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Joop
 Joop
(@joop)
Reputable Member

Wishing you both a Happy Birthday from this side of the pond.

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

WOW!  Thanks everyone for the birthday salutations!  The purpose of my message above wasn't really meant to draw attention to my birthday, but rather to hopefully share what is important in life, through our travels, adversity, successes, and lessons. 

It's easy in these hard times in our world to get down, and sometimes we all need to take a look at what we have, rather than what we don't.  Though few of us on these Forums have ever met in person, all of us in many ways have become family through our love of old cars and models. 

THANKS ALL OF YOU!

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Al_Dorado, David Holcombe, David Green and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member

Happy Birthday, George !

ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Things have changed in 70 years!  Shocked  

70 YEARS AGO BACK IN 1951

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

Al_Dorado liked
ReplyQuote
George Schire
(@georgeschire)
Noble Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bob-jackman

Happy birthday George. Having lots of birthdays is good for your health. Have a wonderful day

LOL Bob, Doctor's claim that people who have birthday's, live longer.  Smile

George Schire
Oakdale, Minnesota

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: