Classic New Arrival!

This is the 1949 Mercury Coupe Atlantic Blue in 1:18 scale by Auto World.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3Oid6pn

Your item is being ...

Notifications
Clear all

Your item is being held at the post office

john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

anyone else getting this outright lie from USPS???? I paid them $14.00 to deliver a package to my house,and they pull this s**t !!!.....

Your item is being held at the @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ post office at 4:09 pm on January 18, 2022. This is at the request of the customer.

USPS Tracking Plus™ Available
Status
Held at Post Office, At Customer Request
January 18, 2022 at 4:09 pm

..the a**holes are lying....I haven`t left the house in years and made no such request...

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

I had one happen to me about two weeks ago I never request a signature.

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Prominent Member

Not making any excused for the post office JB, but after seeing pics of your yard and your truck covered with snow... 

However, if they delivered the note, they could have just as well delivered your package.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

the old Signature Required bunko move required an undetectable touch-and-go visit to your house ....even the least skilled SR droppers could ply their trade shielded only by a single pane glass window separating them from the "recipient".... some ultra-skilled practitioners of this stealthy avoidance technique were purportedly able to pull off the procedure even as the occupants sat out on the porch,eagerly awaiting their anticipated mail delivery...."Minjas" they were called,among their peers,and their legends are still taught to new USPS recruits...

this Customer Request shenanigan is new, for-the-digital-age stuff......it can be employed remotely at the touch of a button to one (or a multitude?) item ......no house call required

if you wish to learn more of this phenomena,just Google "Held at Post Office, At Customer Request"

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pete-rovero

Not making any excused for the post office JB, but after seeing pics of your yard and your truck covered with snow... 

However, if they delivered the note, they could have just as well delivered your package.

the note came in the form of an electronically generated update to the tracking status page......as for the SNOW, isn`t that why we pay all those taxes to maintain snow dogs???????

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Noble Member

John, these are bogus notices.  If you click on the senders name, you will see it is not from the post office.  It is a scam to try and get you to pay and then they take all your money.  I have received these as well.  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @carsman1958

John, these are bogus notices.  If you click on the senders name, you will see it is not from the post office.  It is a scam to try and get you to pay and then they take all your money.  I have received these as well.  

Any thief that takes all my money gets exactly what they deserve Sad  

Thanks John.....this Customer Request malarkey is a legitimate task avoidance technique......but,as you point out, so many others are definitely flakey

usavoidance

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Noble Member

@john-barry Was this a shipment to you? or did you send something and customer requested to have it held?  Seems weird.  I do not live that far from Traveler's Rest.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@carsman1958  Hello neighbor John....it was an E*ay win for me,shipped by a seller from Minnesota.....I eagerly awaited it`s arrival all day yesterday,as it showed as "out for delivery".....finally,around 6pm the usps tracking page indicated that at approx 4pm the following action had occurred,"Held at Post Office, At Customer Request"

****the package is here now,but the bitter taste of poor,disingenuous service remains*********

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Noble Member

@john-barry So your telling me that you live in Traveler's Rest.  I live in Spartanburg.  Small world.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @carsman1958

@john-barry So your telling me that you live in Traveler's Rest.  I live in Spartanburg.  Small world.

It is !..........G`day neighbor John Happy  

ReplyQuote
Share:

Classic New Arrival!

This is the 1949 Mercury Coupe Atlantic Blue in 1:18 scale by Auto World.

Order yours today! 👇

https://bit.ly/3Oid6pn