A $2,300.00 1:18 Scale 1955 Cadillac

11 Posts
5 Users
8 Likes
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Some of you might find this interesting. I guess someone had to do this sooner or later.... right?  Is it worth $2,300.00? 

Marketed by LONE STAR SPORTS MEMORABILA, who garner and authenticate celebrity signatures on various items (including diecast):

• You are looking at an autographed/signed Al Pacino Die-Cast 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood 1:18 Scale.
  • This autographed 1:18 Scale Die-Cast 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 Car has been personally hand-signed by actor, Al Pacino from The Godfather. This autograph is certified by Celebrity Authentics.
  • The photo comes with the numbered hologram and matching Certificate of Authenticity.
  • Payment is REQUIRED max 3 days after the close of the listing. Immediate payment is preferred.

GF 1
    GF 3
    GF 2

Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member

Good Lord! That kind of money would be reserved for a signed and authentcated prop from the "Godfather". How many of these cheap diecasts did Pacino sign? A signed "Godfather" script would go for less unless it was his personal annotated copy.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Ridiculous.  The signature across the roof now makes this attractive model look much less so.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rich-sufficool

Good Lord! That kind of money would be reserved for a signed and authentcated prop from the "Godfather". How many of these cheap diecasts did Pacino sign? A signed "Godfather" script would go for less unless it was his personal annotated copy.

Not sure how many AP signed but obviously there's a correlation between quantity signed vs. value.  But, auh... yeah ...What's an AP signature (on paper) worth? A few thousand??    The 1/18 Cadillac adds nothing IMO.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

Ridiculous.  The signature across the roof now makes this attractive model look much less so.

To each his own, etc...   AND at least a few (you would assume) have paid the $2,300.00...     but yeah, I'm not too sure about this one. 

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member

Well, Al Pacino was great in the "Godfather" movies, but I really couldn't afford that kind of money for an autograph .... even it was on a great-looking '55 Cadillac. To be honest, I think I would just want to score that cool black 1955 Fleetwood Series 60 in 1/18 in unsigned condition from Greenlight ! I have their 1/43 scale version of this Cadillac (in deep blue) and it's superb (especially for it's price), so this 1/18 scale one would certainly be a treat, too.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@mikedetorrice 

It's an "OK" model (same as the original Tamiya Elvis pink Cadillac from 30 years ago...remember that one?)  I have them both.  At least they're in scale w/posable steering and look nice on the shelf.  Just the front doors open but without door frames, which is incorrect for a sedan. I have a few of the 1/43s too. Those are nice.

HA! I paid more those than the 1/18s

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member

I would be delighted with the black Greenlight '55 Fleetwood sedan. It would make a terrific 1/18 companion to the Greenlight 1/43 Cadillac and the other Greenlight models I have in both those scales are very well done, especially at their price/detail level. They all display and photograph really well, too. 

ReplyQuote
John Kuvakas
(@jkuvakas)
Famed Member Admin

For that knd of money, you would think Al would deliver the model himself and buy you lunch!

John Kuvakas
Warrenton, VA

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Illustrious Member

@chris I've seen Abraham Lincoln signatures go for less (ref.: Pawn Stars and Antique Road Show)

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@rich-sufficool 

Youn mean this 1/18 signed 1955 Cadillac doesn't seem like a good value?   ..........no, say it isn't so.  😏 😏 😏 

ReplyQuote
Share: