Open question, woul...

Notifications
Clear all

Open question, would there be any interest in a model of the Next Gen Nascar Mustangs, Camaros and Camrys by someone

18 Posts
7 Users
4 Likes
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

like GMP with some decent detail for around $140? 

Joshua J. Shy

Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

I think it'd be cool if someone did them, but I'd have zero interest.  

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Noble Member

Not in my house!😒

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I'm not a race car collector but I think it is a good idea.

ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Honorable Member

No interest from me for two reasons:

1. Sports are for entertainment not politics, NASCAR went woke so they can go broke as far as I am concerned, I don't need to have them preach to me their politics. 

2. All the cars look the same with very minor changes and mostly decals. 

I lost interest in NASCAR after Brian France took over and started making stupid decisions on the sport starting with the stupid chase they do. 

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

I don't collect race cars so I would have no interest. I used to watch Nascar but when it got political I quit.

ReplyQuote
franklemire
(@franklemire)
Estimable Member

NASCAR racing is a bit out of my collection focus, as is all 21st century racing, and I'm not a fan in general of what I like to call 'Rolling Billboards' but I find the accusations against NASCAR becoming 'political' surprising. Has anyone considered that if NASCAR had done nothing that that in itself would have been a 'political' statement as well?

ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Honorable Member

@franklemire 

Sports are entertainment, people watch them to get away from politics so if NASCAR had just stayed silent and put on a show no one would have complained. The same goes for the NFL, NBA, MLB and every other sport that decided they had to become political. I could go on with specifics but then the thread would become political and be shut down, so I will just say all these sports that went woke I will not support. My money is better spent else where. 

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@gavin I think it would be a boom for any manufacture, make three models and just paint changes to make over 50 different cars and or paint schemes. I like the idea of the Mustang and the Camaro racing and I think the new bodies look pretty good, love the new wheels too.

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@john3976 Myself, I've never been asleep! I had to look into what was political about NASCAR, I had no idea but I don't follow the sport. LOOK carefully my friends, this is the end of America, there will never be an election again everyone can believe in. there is no truth, only beliefs. The Confederate flag represents one of the darkest times in American history. Maybe we can find a way to add a swastika too it....yeah!!! This is why I left the forum, but it seems you are right where you were the last time I was here, a shame, remember...this was a model car question...P.S. What would Jesus do with the people at the boarder??? He would feed them and wash their feet (do you know what that means?). Goodby is too good a word, so I'll just say fair thee well.

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
john3976
(@john3976)
Honorable Member

@josh 

I remember the last thread where someone posted a photo of the Dodge Charger "General Lee" and you became offended, but let me point out that you are the one bringing up the confederate flag and now dragging in a swastika as well in this thread. 

I will say this and I am done with this thread, are you aware that America is not the only country to ever practice slavery, are you aware that every race at one time or another has been enslaved throughout history, and here is a big one for you to become aware of, did you know that Adolf Hitler created his NAZI Party using the Democrat Parties blueprint from the time period, that is a fact discovered in released NAZI papers by a liberal professor to boot. 

If you look you will find that Sri Lanka is the only nation that has never practiced slavery, then again Sri Lanka only became a republic in 1972 long after slavery was ended in most of the world. Now this might be uncomfortable for you but slavery still exists today in 2022 in certain parts of the world. 

NASCAR's most recent woke moment was there over reacting over a garage door pull rope that had a simple loop knot tied at the end of it, the same loop knot that has been used on millions of garage door pull ropes in millions of garages around the world. The FBI sent 13 agents to investigate a garage door pull rope and they concluded that it was nothing but a garage door pull rope. Bubba Wallace still uses that pull rope to push his political agenda to this day. 

I will maintain my view that sports are for entertainment and people watch sports to get away from the every day hustle and bustle of life including politics. 

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

Whatever the politics of NASCAR or anyone's current beliefs, I think Josh's point was that all he was asking was if anybody was interested in models of the current cars used in NASCAR.  The responses brought up politics...all anyone had to say was "no".

Jeff G and Jeff G reacted
ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Noble Member

Posted by: @josh

@gavin I think it would be a boom for any manufacture, make three models and just paint changes to make over 50 different cars and or paint schemes. I like the idea of the Mustang and the Camaro racing and I think the new bodies look pretty good, love the new wheels too.

I agree, @josh & will say this is the first time since maybe the late '80's, where I've somewhat been interested in the cars.  Glad they're using Mustang & Camaro!

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@john3976 Sorry I'm back. john, as I said back when the Dukes of Hazard Charger was posted, I have this model with the flag. It would not be the Dukes of Hazard car without it. In the post was a comment about new releases of the car not showing the confederate flag and of course this was called "woke" which I commented on. That was not needed, people are going to disagree on a lot of things in the world. I did not start that, but I will not silence my voice in the face of stupidity. We hold these truths to be self evident, and until America lives up to it's self-proclaimed mantra we will have problems. The worship of a single man has overridden common sense and has divided our country and made us extremely weak in the eyes of the world, but wasn't that the plan the whole time. In the absence of truth lies become believable especially when they are repeated over and over again. Today we are seeing something very different and far more sinister. Nihilistic forces are dismantling policies to protect our air, water and climate. And they seek to discredit the pillars of our democracy: voting rights and fair elections, the rule of law, the free press, the separation of powers, the belief in science and the concept of truth itself. I say, do not break the rules that hold a republic together, because one day you will need order. I thought the comment here was about Nascar banning the confederate flag, I do not know about Bubba Walace except his car says black lives matter. Believe me I understand slavery, what I don't understand is hating a group of people because it reminds us of it. I will give you $100 for every K thru 12 school teaching Critical Race Theory, it is a college class, and an advanced legal class at that, but the words are what gathers hate. Will we need to shutter public schools? Who wants to run for school board member??It's like Defund the Police, how stupid, but people are ready to fight about it. We have forgotten the price of war and seem to have gotten a taste for it again. When fascism comes to America it will be dressed in the American flag and carrying a bible. We will never be destroyed by an outside force, when we fall it will be our own doing. Did you know there are forums just for this kind of disscussion? So now john, what do you think of the next gen nascars?

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@john3976 I did not know "free speech" was limited to non celebrities and non athletes. I don't believe its smart for anyone in this atmosphere to voice an opinion however, I commend them for it.

Joshua J. Shy

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: