Road Signature mode...

Notifications
Clear all

Road Signature models

Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

As a former owner of a 1952 Lincoln Capri back in the mid 70s I was a wee bit surprised to find a 1/18 scale model available.

Unfortunately I’m not real familiar with this brand ‘Road Signature. Anyone point me towards any reviews or information on this brand? 

Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Reputable Member

Road Signature is on the lower end of cost and detail of diecast models.  They're decent but not great.  You won't be enthralled with the level of detail because that's not the market that Road Signature was in.  However, they do have a penchant for producing models that no other maker has done.  Your Capri is an example.  Considering the likely low cost, and since it's the only model available in 1:18 diecast, I would recommend not hesitating to pull the trigger.  Obtaining a model of your real 1:1 cars can be a challenge so since this one is available, I suggest you go for it.  

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Marty Johnson

ReplyQuote
Larry kemling
(@larry-kemling)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

2124DD70 9FEC 443F 9AEF 71DEC42D69A1

Thanks Marty ,kinda thought at that price point that was the case and yep,gave the wife the ad thinking perfect stocking stuffer for me.👍🏻
photos a tad fuzzy but you get a pretty good idea of the model.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Larry kemling

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Prominent Member

I really like the Yat Ming/Road Signature diecast models. Generally they may be in a bargain price/detail point, yet they are very well done and many times of really great subject matter. The 1952 Lincoln Capri is one of those great choices and I had to pick up several of them. Here are some :

https://diecast.org/community/1_18/pics-1952-lincoln-capri/

ReplyQuote
Jack Daniels
(@jack-daniels)
Eminent Member

Hi Guys

I agree with the above comments, especially Mike's.  I bought the model many years ago (see pics) to convert to a Pan Am Mexican Road Race model.   Did do the  artwork and some of the decals for the 1/43 Marque Products Lincolns. (see pics)  But never quite started or finished the 1/18 scale Lincoln model.  The Lincolns are some my favorite models.

JD

Lincoln 2
Lincoln 1
Lincoln 3

ReplyQuote
Al_Dorado
(@al_dorado)
Honorable Member

I have a Road Signature 1949 Cadillac which is quite nice.  The color is not factory Madeira Maroon but I like it.  The interior on this particular model is more realistic, imo, in that it doesn't have the cheap-looking white instrument panel and door panels which their other '49 Caddys have.

IMG 2539 (Small) (2)

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

Larry, I owned "a few" 1954 Lincolns (as collector cars) a few years back.  Years ago, when this 1/18 1952 Capri was released, I picked up several. I was hoping to convert one into a '54 to match my 2-dr hardtop. I was aware of YM's "short comings" as pointed out by the posts above but I was determined until I measured the replica and discovered it was under-scaled. Unlike the non-opening trunk, this problem I couldn't fix. The bottom line: If you desire a "large scale" model of a car you once owned AND (as noted above) you can live with mediocre detail.... you'll be very happy with your purchase.

PS

I still enjoy surprising people when I tell them that these "Road Race" Lincolns all had FACTORY GM Hydromantic transmissions. A fact I know you're aware of but even most car guys are not.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @jack-daniels

Hi Guys

I agree with the above comments, especially Mike's.  I bought the model many years ago (see pics) to convert to a Pan Am Mexican Road Race model.   Did do the  artwork and some of the decals for the 1/43 Marque Products Lincolns. (see pics)  But never quite started or finished the 1/18 scale Lincoln model.  The Lincolns are some my favorite models.

JD

Lincoln 2
Lincoln 1
Lincoln 3

Jack, these Road Race Lincolns are excellent and appear to be pretty accurate too. I love it!

ReplyQuote
Share: