The AUTOart Jeep fo...

Notifications
Clear all

The AUTOart Jeep for John Barry (if nobody else)... [PIC]

Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

This model is a factory fresh example of a radio/recon configured Jeep of I think either Korean War vintage or another WWll variant as they were produced by Willys, Ford, Bantam and any other company licensed.. Cute little features beside 50 cal machine gun is am M-1 carbine mounted on the dash under a flip up cover. The steering box is open to show the gear drive. The passenger seat flip up to reveal a hydraulic jack and the underside of the hood has a grease gun and 'envelope for the maintenance sheet.

AaJeep 068
AaJeep 047
AaJeep 067
AaJeep 006
AaJeep 019
AaJeep 012
AaJeep 011
AaJeep 010
AaJeep 009
AaJeep 008
AaJeep 031
AaJeep 029
AaJeep 014
AaJeep 018
AaJeep 034
AaJeep 038
AaJeep 037

john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

very nice, and thank you Rich......as nice as this one shows,it makes abundantly clear, the undeniable upgrade you performed on the other Jeep

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Noble Member

Another really nice Jeep model with loads of neat details !

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

@mikedetorrice One curious feature on the AUTOart: the chassis actually has a Vietnam era camouflage pattern while the rest of the finish is solid Olive Drab. Gotta be a story there.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

Let's not forget that accessory trailer (with all its "junk")  Autoart did a masterful job replicating ALL of it. It's a beautifully executed 1/18 Army Jeep!

IMG 0258
IMG 0256
IMG 0261
IMG 0257
IMG 0262
MAA JP2

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Noble Member

Posted by: @rich-sufficool

@mikedetorrice One curious feature on the AUTOart: the chassis actually has a Vietnam era camouflage pattern while the rest of the finish is solid Olive Drab. Gotta be a story there.

Perhaps AutoArt had direct access to a Jeep that had that particular camo pattern and went with what they could confirm first-hand. Or perhaps real Jeeps from the later era had variations that may not have been officially spec'ed.

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

@chris I remember the trailer and all the accessories. It wasn't cheap and I also couldn't justify the display space it would eat up and it would probably have wound up in storage (and I've long since ran out of storage space... LOL)

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @rich-sufficool

@chris I remember the trailer and all the accessories. It wasn't cheap and I also couldn't justify the display space it would eat up and it would probably have wound up in storage (and I've long since ran out of storage space... LOL)

Yep! True, true and true but damn it, I had to have it!  .. LoL

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

@chris Good for you!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: