The King of fins...

14 Posts
5 Users
34 Likes
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

....the one and only 1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible in Seminole Red w/red & white leather interior.  A MUST HAVE for me. Period! I still cry about selling my 1:1 1959 CDV but this 1/18 Autoart (that I acquired years ago) helps to ease the pain ever-so-slightly. 😥 😪 😔 

Overall, a fine model with beautiful chrome & paint work. Negatives include an incorrectly painted trunk underside (it's black but should be body color), a missing fender-mount antenna and limited front wheel steering travel; nothing, of course, is a deal breaker.

To date, AA has released these once in two colors: this red (which is factory correct) and an off-shade of brown (which is NOT factory correct). I never understood why AA "invented" a color for this replica.  When/if a white release is ever offered...well, let's just say, "Don't stand in my way of the Buy it Now button." 🤨 

Here's a quick 6!

C 59 6
C 59 7
C 59 8
C 59 4
C 59 1
C 59 2

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Gorgeous pictures Chris.

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

Yes, your outdoor photos bring about a very realistic 1:1 look to this fine Cadillac model ! 

Thanks Chris,

Steve 

I don't remember an included up-top and that one just doesn't seem to fit exactly right..

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys...   yes, that outdoor sun was blinding. I was lucky to capture anything at all as I couldn't really see much! 😎

About that "up-top:"   Autoart did NOT produce it. It came from a 1/18 Sunstar 1959 Oldsmobile convertible (the perfect size).  I thought I would disassemble the big Cad., remove the boot and "graft in" that top properly. That hasn't happened yet (if it ever will). For that pic, I simply placed the "up-top" in position; admittedly, it's a bad fit (..but I could fix all that 😉 😉)

IMG 0898
IMG 0899
This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Christopher Moroni

100Ford2003, Marty Johnson, David Green and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

@chris - Wow!  I didn't know you owned a 1:1 '59 Caddy!  That car fits into the "Holy Grail" designation for many 1:1 collectors.  

I screwed up big time and never pulled the trigger on the Autoart.  Personally, the brown version was very appealing despite it was not factory correct.  Recently, I've looked for them on eBay but today the prices require a robust credit card limit.  A bit much for my tastes.  

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

@marty-johnson 

...yes, you forgot.  I know you (or anyone else) probably won't believe this but between me and my buddy (..known since 1978) in FLA we've owned almost 400 vehicles (he's own the bulk of them).  I had my 1959 Cadilliac Coupe de Ville from c.1996 to c.2005. I bought it from a retired Lawyer in MI who bought it in FLA. I sold it to make room for other collector cars....thinking all the while I'd, one day, buy another.  Just a stupid move! 😣  

Here's a few poor quality "pics of pics" from 1996. Also pictured are a few "others" I owned at that time... My 1954 Lincoln Capri 2-dr, 1984 T/A 5.0 H.O., 1996 T-Bird V-8.

M C 1
M C 2
M C 3

This post was modified 5 months ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

Wow, think a all the ⛽ $ you've saved... Afraid  

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

@chris 

It's not a 'bad fit', it's just a 'misfit'... Shut Mouth  

ReplyQuote
Mike DeTorrice
(@mikedetorrice)
Famed Member

A superb 1959 Cadillac from AutoArt. I like it in either color and it also looks great in "top-up" form.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @100ford2003

@chris 

It's not a 'bad fit', it's just a 'misfit'... Shut Mouth  

HA!  ...but it doesn't have to be. If I ever "correct" everything, it could be a real benefit. 😏 😏 😏 

David Green, 100Ford2003, David Green and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Famed Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mikedetorrice

A superb 1959 Cadillac from AutoArt. I like it in either color and it also looks great in "top-up" form.

Yes, I was excited to hear of this release years ago and quickly "waited in line."   Here's the brown one...

AA1959 CAd
This post was modified 5 months ago by Christopher Moroni

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Famed Member

@chris 

Good one Chris !! 

Steve

ReplyQuote
Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)