"You've got Mail!"

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I know this isn't everyone's taste. "Too new."  -or- "Kind of a toy."  It was, however, too cool (IMO) to pass up.

This is a 1/18 Grumman LLV (Long Life Vehicle) which of course the U.S. Post Office still uses despite all being on borrowed time. These LLVs have outlived their contractual obligations. Basically, a GM chassis/drive line with an aluminum Grumman body.

Greenlight got alot right here: Great lensing, great paint & tampos, excellent steelie rims, decent interior details, note that tiny dash fan, scale proportions including the quite correct narrower front track (because the rear axle is actually from a GM 4x4..so it's a bit longer track). Everything opens except the hood (which I can fix...LoL!) and you gotta love all those mirrors!

Misses include: Solid axles (no steering...which I can fix!), no opening hood, and the rear door should be more akin to a roll-top desk not a toaster over.

Anyway, here's a "Quick 8:"

Mail truck 1
Mail Truck 2
Mail Truck 3
Mail truck 4
Mail truck 5
Mail truck 7
Mail truck 8
Mail truck 6

Marty Johnson
(@marty-johnson)
Noble Member

Very cool!  

ReplyQuote
Christopher Moroni
(@chris)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, with a bit of detail work, etc.. to give that "real-feel look," it could be even cooler....  like I did with my Good Humor ice cream truck. Just enough a touch of "real-feel." 😎

Good Humer Truck

ReplyQuote
Share: