(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Cal Worthington auditions yet another applicant for "my dog spot"

David Green, Pete Rovero, 100Ford2003 and 4 people reacted
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Illustrious Member

Who knew selling cars could be this much fun.

ReplyQuote
Tony Perrone
(@perrone1)
Admin

OMG! I did a little cowboy'ing when I lived in Texas. Have ridden horses all my life, but REALLY?  OMG; one wrong move and.........he's a steer

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

I would have bought a car from him just out of respect for his willingness to "play" with his more dangerous "dogs".  Not me!

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

I moved to SoCal...(insert guffaw here) in '67 and remember Cal's commercials especially on late night tv and weekends. 

He had competition from Ralph Williams. But I don't remember Ralph using animals to help sell his cars.

I believe Johnny Carson based his car selling character off of Cal & Ralph. He'd have a hot blonde next to him and a 'map' of the fwy system almog with a pointer stick.

One of his gag lines was to give directions and he'd say..."go to the Slauson cut-off and cut off your Slauson".  Slauson is a street in the LA area. 

Yay, Johnny, how I miss you...you WERE the best on tv along with Ed.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @100ford2003

I moved to SoCal...(insert guffaw here) in '67 and remember Cal's commercials especially on late night tv and weekends. 

He had competition from Ralph Williams. But I don't remember Ralph using animals to help sell his cars.

I believe Johnny Carson based his car selling character off of Cal & Ralph. He'd have a hot blonde next to him and a 'map' of the fwy system almog with a pointer stick.

One of his gag lines was to give directions and he'd say..."go to the Slauson cut-off and cut off your Slauson".  Slauson is a street in the LA area. 

Yay, Johnny, how I miss you...you WERE the best on tv along with Ed.

"When you get to the fork in the road,take it!"

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

I thought that was a Yogi Berra-

ism...

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

ism...

assigning blame to one particular American philosopher can be tricky Steve.......personally I never saw Yogi Bear USE a fork.....but I`m pretty sure I saw it on the tonight show a couple times

Tony Perrone reacted
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @john-barry

ism...

assigning blame to one particular American philosopher can be tricky Steve.......personally I never saw Yogi Bear USE a fork.....but I`m pretty sure I saw it on the tonight show a couple times

Me neither JayBee and I never saw Yogi Bear coach a baseball team for that matter.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jack-dodds

ism...

Me neither JayBee and I never saw Yogi Bear coach a baseball team for that matter.

Yogi Bear wears many hats-------------------

spring training

ReplyQuote
100Ford2003
(@100ford2003)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @jack-dodds

ism...

Yogi Bear wears many hats-------------------

spring training

And collects many 'picanick' baskets....

ReplyQuote
Share: