john barry
(@john-barry)
Famed Member

beautifully shot.......a VERY sharp car 

ReplyQuote
Rich Sufficool
(@rich-sufficool)
Noble Member Registered

I love the different display options on these Darrins.

yellow Kaiser Darrin 001
yellow Kaiser Darrin 004
yellow Kaiser Darrin 015

Pete Rovero, David Green, John Merritt and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

This is one car that, try as I might, I just cannot warm up to.  I think it's the nose/grille that detracts for me.

ReplyQuote
Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Famed Member Registered

Jack I have always had a problem with that nose/grill myself but I love my models of this car in both 1/43 and 1/24 scale. As Rich says the display options are terrific.

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@jack-dodds 

I like the style of the front end-very distinctive. These are such fantastic cars, I love seeing them at car shows and museums. It amazes me how many times this scenario played out in the auto industry. Beautifully styled cars released as a company gasps for survival. Kaiser with the Darrin, Studebaker with the Avanti, Auburn with the Speedster and many others. 

I think the models are amazing, I bought the Champagne White 1st because it is my favorite color for this car, I figured I'd only be able to afford one of them at the time. Good fortune later allowed me to get my 2nd favorite color, Red Sail. So I have those two, would've loved the other three, but I never seen a 1:1 in person in those colors, so I am good with the ones I have.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Evan Morgan
(@evan-morgan)
Reputable Member

Nice group of photos, John.

ReplyQuote
John Bono
(@sizedoesmatter)
Noble Member

For the pocket doors. Great pics of course.

ReplyQuote
Jack Dodds
(@jack-dodds)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jcarnutz

@jack-dodds 

I like the style of the front end-very distinctive. These are such fantastic cars, I love seeing them at car shows and museums. It amazes me how many times this scenario played out in the auto industry. Beautifully styled cars released as a company gasps for survival. Kaiser with the Darrin, Studebaker with the Avanti, Auburn with the Speedster and many others. 

I think the models are amazing, I bought the Champagne White 1st because it is my favorite color for this car, I figured I'd only be able to afford one of them at the time. Good fortune later allowed me to get my 2nd favorite color, Red Sail. So I have those two, would've loved the other three, but I never seen a 1:1 in person in those colors, so I am good with the ones I have.

I must add though.....although the Darrin doesn't appeal to me I would still love to see one at a car show; simply because they are so rare and different.

ReplyQuote
Share: