I'VE GOT MAIL! #12 ...

Notifications
Clear all

I'VE GOT MAIL! #12 January 26, 2021

georgeschire
(@georgeschire)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I don't have to exaggerate one little bit when I tell you that when I opened my mail the day this brochure from Danbury Mint arrived, that I came pretty close to needing CPR, and fast!  

Ever since I was a kid in the late 50's and 60's, I was gaga over the 1954 through 1956 Cadillac's.  I don't recall there being any car that looked more elegant to me.  And my uncle Ernie used to own a '56 in the same color as the '54 on the brochure.  

I even remember what I said when I saw this brochure, I whelped out a, "Holy sh%#!" and I grabbed my phone.  I couldn't order this one fast enough!  And I've never been sorry, as the actual model is replicated to (my) perfect perfection.  If I were forced to choose to keep only ONE diecast car, I can guarantee that this DANBURY MINT 1954 CADILLAC ELDORADO CONVERTIBEL in the amazing color of Apollo Gold with a Black Top might well be my choice.  DAMN!  I don't know how I'd be able to part with this one.  

Some REAL '54 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Facts: 

First off for '54 this was a new body style.  The wraparound windshield that Cadillac introduced on the '53 Eldorado now became part of the new body style on all '54 Cadillacs.  Items that were optional on other makes became standard equipment for Cadillac.  The automatic windshield washer and power steering were two of these offerings.  The "Dagmar" front bumper treatment, were at the time considered a Cadillac trademark.  Hooded headlights were more pronounced on  the '54's than were the rims over the headlights of the '52 and '53 models.  

The '54 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible was wearing the new body style and wearing it well.  The price tag was huge by 1954 standards at a lofty $5,738.  Cadillac rolled 2,150 of these royal babies off the assembly line.  

DM 54 Cadillac CV (Apollo Gold) #1
DM 54 Cadillac CV (Apollo Gold) #2

Bob Jackman
(@bob-jackman)
Honorable Member Registered

A terrific model by any standard!

ReplyQuote
Pete Rovero
(@pete-rovero)
Estimable Member

I agree George.  This would be a tough one to part with.

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Honorable Member

Yes it is an excellent model. A great color, I had hoped we would get a repaint in Turquoise, which is my favorite color for the style.

ReplyQuote
georgeschire
(@georgeschire)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@jcarnutz, DM could have come out with twenty re-paints, and I'd have bought them all.  I always liked re-paints because I remember as a kid going to the car dealerships and they always would have the cars lined up side-by-side and they'd all be different colors.  So when the mints came out a color, no matter what the color was, I ordered it.  

ReplyQuote
Share: