Johan 1/25 1931 Cadillac Roadster

6 Posts
5 Users
6 Likes
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Finally finished thanks to my skilled modeller friend Mat supplying me with substitute parts from a FM Caddy. On opening this kit a few weeks ago I found the seller had very heavily glued the chassis incorrectly. It was so bad I could not fit the engine, so I'll display the engine alongside the car.

c1
c2
c3
c4

And with DMs beautiful Roadster

c5

Tony Perrone, john barry, Tony Perrone and 1 people reacted
Greg
 Greg
(@diecast1-24cars)
Reputable Member

Did you purchase the model completed or still in kit form ? ... still looks good,  you could still make a great diorama display with the engine separate..

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member

Another very nice piece Geoff......As Greg has suggested,the dearly departed engine lends a satisfying artistic element to your perfect as is arraignment

ReplyQuote
John Napoli
(@carsman1958)
Famed Member

Geoff.  A beautiful piece of art. I think the Diorama idea is a good choice.

ReplyQuote
John Merritt
(@jcarnutz)
Illustrious Member

A beautiful model. Excellent color.

John Merritt
South Lyon, Michigan - USA

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thank you gentlemen. The diorama is a great idea I had not thought of. I have a number of diorama materials to work with. 

Greg the model was in kit form. I started doing them a couple of months ago after a 60 year hiatus and, well, to be honest they are becoming a bit of an obsession! I have a stalled Rolls kit to work on now and then a 1953 Ford Victoria should arrive in the next few days.  I'm a huge 1930s car fan but it will be good to work on a model from another decade. 

ReplyQuote
Share: