flyingaclose (3)
flyingaclose (4)
flyingaclose (5)
flyingaclose (1)

Ed Davis, David Green, Bob Jackman and 9 people reacted
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

that looks great John, must chase one of those. I always prefer utility vehicles to have business graphics adorning them.

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett .......it seems there are two distinct schools of thought on that matter Geoff.....I`m with you on tradesmen/utility vehicles.......and feel 180° to the contrary when it comes to cars

DSC 7884
cd van rain 3 50707725336 o

Tony Perrone, Geoff Jowett, Tony Perrone and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

Actually John, I've just finished another kit. A 1930s Mercedes Benz van. I bought it for the colorful graphics/decals as much as anything else.

mb2
mb1
mb3

Pete Rovero, john barry, David Green and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett ..........Neato !!! Are waterslide decals still used/included in model kits?

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

@john-barry yes John. Love the kits, 6 months ago never would have thought I'd have a French Mercedes Fruit and Veg van in my 1/24 collection!

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett ...........It is,without a doubt,the Australian dream made real Party  

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

@geoff-jowett.......... as you may recall,I still struggle to complete my first adult assembled model kit.....this doesn`t keep me from buying the occasional new kit to fill a nook or cranny in an out-of-the-way closet.....seeing your green grocer`s wagon reminded me of a model I bought years back....not a kit but I did disassemble it 🙄 .....I think of it from time to time,alone in the dark closet,parted out into plastic freezer bags

ReplyQuote
Geoff Jowett
(@geoff-jowett)
Famed Member

are you referring to this Citroen John, it looks great. Why not give them another go? You may recall I hadn't made one in nearly 60 years until a few months back. Now so glad I have. I do reckon I am slowly getting better at it too, ever so slowly! Every couple of weeks or so I search through about 10 pages in the ebay automotive 1/24, 1/25 sections and I reckon every time I find something I want that I hadn't seen before. Its also an enjoyable retirement activity for me. I find I'm spending 2-3 hours most afternoons at it. Good fun!

ReplyQuote
john barry
(@john-barry)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geoff-jowett

are you referring to this Citroen John, it looks great. Why not give them another go? You may recall I hadn't made one in nearly 60 years until a few months back. Now so glad I have. I do reckon I am slowly getting better at it too, ever so slowly! Every couple of weeks or so I search through about 10 pages in the ebay automotive 1/24, 1/25 sections and I reckon every time I find something I want that I hadn't seen before. Its also an enjoyable retirement activity for me. I find I'm spending 2-3 hours most afternoons at it. Good fun!

that`s the exact Citroen I have Geoff,but the one in the video is not mine.......as for resuming model cars it`s a matter of horizontal space here......I enjoy seeing what you,and a few others, are doing with the kits here.....and someday I expect to return to the "sport"

Geoff Jowett, Tony Perrone, Geoff Jowett and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: